𝐢𝐱. joanna

CHAPTER NINE

casterly rock, house lannisterthe westerlands

the westerlands

JONNA BOLTED UP IN HER BED. COLD SWEAT BEADED HER FOREHEAD AS SHE WHEEZED RAPIDLY. Her chest ached as the panic began to subside. Her surroundings were coming back to her as her vison returned to normal. Joanna held a hand over her chest, trying to ease the pain and confusion. Her eyes raked over her chambers, finding Jaime beside her. She gave a sigh in relief. Joanna never did have nightmares and she couldn't make out what she dreamt of. But she could feel the warning in her heart, something was wrong, or going to be.

She brushed her hand through Jaime's golden locks, resulting in Jaime letting out a deep moan in his sleepy state. She drifted her eyes towards the window, noticing it open. With a sigh, she got up and locked the window shut.

As she was about to leave, she noticed a sudden black shifting outside the garden. Her fingers brushed lightly against the frame of the wall, tilting her body forward to get a better look. The shifting was gone, and left Joanna wondering if she had only imagined it.

Her eyes glanced back to her sleeping husband on the bed, chuckling quietly as he let out some snorts. She leaned her head against the wall, pulling her robe tighter around her body.

She closed her eyes as she took in a deep breath, she could feel something inside of her tell her something was wrong.

"Joanna?"

Her eyes turned towards the voice, eyes landing on Jaime half asleep before popping on his elbows. He let out a yawn as he rubbed his face to try and rub of his drowsiness. "What are you doing? Come back to bed."

Joanna let out a cackle, shaking her head making a few strands of her hair fall down to her face. "I apologize if I woke you Jaime,"

Jaime gave her a snort, tapping the empty space beside him, gesturing her to join him on the bed again. She walked over, laying down comfortably beside him.

His eyes are staring deep into hers, the soft moonlight of the night making his skin look almost ethereal. He brings his hand to Joanna's waist, pulling her to him, their chests touching. She could feel Jaime bring his chin to the top of her head, making Joanna's face lay gently on his neck.

"I love you," he breathes.

Joanna didn't answer, to afraid to ruin anything. She knew she loved him, but how could she after all he had done? All the sinful acts with his sister while he had a wife and a son. Instead of answering him, she pecked his neck twice before burying her face tighter agains his neck, showing him her affection.

It seemed like Jaime understood her. Jaime didn't need to hear her words, her act was enough. Her hand looks for his over their bodies, fingers lacing together between them.

When Tywin told her he along with Jaime and Sterlan was visiting King's Landing, she had at least hoped, expected, she would join them. But when Tywin had told her not to come, she had been partly furious. Joanna didn't wish to part ways with Sterlan, but her father in law demanded that Sterlan needed to be more dependent without his mother following him. He did have a point, but Sterlan was her son, of course she was going to fuss about him.

She had eventually given in and accepted, clenching her hands in irritation. But Tywin had noticed it and told her that he needed her here, to be Lady Lannister on her own. As she would be in the future, perhaps. She hadn't replied and only gave a nod with a weak smile back.

It had been the hardest to part with Jaime and Sterlan. They were her boys and she feared for them. What would happen if Jaime saw Cersei? She only hoped that now Cersei had a son of her own, that she would be occupied often.

She planted a kiss on top of Sterlan's forehead, giving him a tight hug. She chuckled and stroked his cheek as he tried to pull back. She gave Jaime a quick peck on the lips, their foreheads touching as she closed her eyes and whispered,

"Come home soon, my love,"

She met with a gentle smile and Jaime's hand stroking her cheek as she leaned her cheek to it.

"I give you my word."

Thanks for reading !

what's going to happen next?
Epilogue next chapter —>