one

01. The Return

Hearing noise coming from the kitchen, both Aria and Elena went to go check and see who it was, but seeing the sight infront of them left both the girls in shock, John was on the floor of the kitchen, with his fingers chopped off and a deep knife wound in his stomach.

Elena and Aria quickly ran over to John, both girls had to stop them self from gagging after seeing John's chopped off fingers, Aria quickly grabbed a towel and placed it on John's bleeding wound.

"Elena, call 911" Aria ordered, trying to stop John's bleeding.

Elena nodded, she grabbed the phone and dialled 911, both the girls not realising that Katherine Pierce was standing right behind them, watching both girls with immense interest.

"911, what's your emergency?".

"Hi, I need an ambulance to 2104 Maple Street" Elena said, her voice very shaky.

"Behind you" John whispered, confusing the two girls.

"What?" Aria asked.

"Behind you" John repeated.

Both Elena and Aria gasped and quickly turned around, only to see no one there.

"Stay here" Aria ordered Elena, while she grabbed the bloody knife from the floor and got up and started going in the direction John pointed at.

Aria came to the living room, she looked around and tried to find who was in her house when suddenly someone ran behind her, Aria quickly turned around but once again saw no one.

Aria proceeded to walk back into the kitchen, when suddenly the front door slammed shut, for a second Aria froze in fear, but suddenly she remembered something, "Jeremy" Aria whispered.

Aria quickly ran up the stairs and hoped to god whoever this vampires was, they hadn't gone to Jeremy.

"Jeremy!" Aria yelled, entering Jeremy's room, "Jeremy".

When Aria entered Jeremy's room, she saw Jeremy laying on his bed, with his eyes closed, immediately horrible thoughts started entering Aria's mind.

"Jeremy!" Aria yelled, jumping on Jeremy's bed and trying to wake him up, "Jer, please wake up!".

Suddenly, Jeremy gasped and opened his eyes in shock.

***

Stefan stood outside the Gilbert house, where he saw the paramedics take John to the hospital, he tried to enter the house, but one of the deputy stopped him.

"He's okay" Elena said.

After the deputy let him in, Stefan quickly ran upstairs with Elena and towards Jeremy's room, where both Aria and Jeremy were.

Aria was leaning against the door, trying to process everything that had happened tonight, with Damon nearly dying, Caroline's accident, the attempt to murder on John, and Jeremy trying to kill himself, it was all becoming too much for Aria.

"What happened?" Stefan asked, running into Jeremy's room.

"Apparently, Anna gave Jeremy some of her blood and then he took some pills in order to kill himself" Aria said, her mind still have trouble accepting the fact that Jeremy tried to turn into a vampire.