A brilliant idea

Hi! This was started and mostly written in 2020, the most fun year ever. I'm rewriting a lot, and updating the setting, so keep that in mind if you've read this before, ok? I'm not changing the end notes I originally wrote. Any new notes will be marked new and probably at the top. Might be adding a character too btw. :]

What does waking up mean to you? To Techno, it meant avoiding leaving dreamland as long as possible, reluctantly opening his eyes, and only doing enough moving to read more of his current book.

Actually, he didn't really consider that to be awake. He wasn't dressed, hadn't eaten and hadn't even slid incredibly gracefully off of his bed; so he hadn't woken up yet. But, close enough, right?

After reaching the end of the chapter, he figured he should actually get out of bed and make "waking up" official. First step was to move to a vaguely upright position. Next was to check his radio clock to see how loud it could blare music he liked.

4:00 pm

How dare it get so late, he hadn't been productive yet.

He got out of bed and caught a glimpse of himself in his mirror. Long pink hair was tangled into a curly mess that he dreaded brushing. His pig themed pajamas were twisted uncomfortably around his torso and his grey eyes showed how tired he still was. He looked away from the, in his opinion, less than lovely reflection.

He needed to be at least a little productive. It would be good for his mental health or something. He surveyed his room, wondering what the best possible way to get something done would be. He decided on putting clothes in the washing machine.

That would count as his 'I did something' for the day.

He reached down to pick up a shirt and throw it in the laundry but the bread pattern reminded him of breakfast. Okay, dinner. Close enough.

He tossed the shirt and headed to the kitchen. After putting toast in the toaster and grabbing some water he wandered to the bathroom. He determined he should brush his teeth and hair.

He was mid teeth brush when the toaster dinged. He finished up and started back to the kitchen but noticed the bathroom trash can was full. Better get that done.

After taking care of that he was successfully distracted and sat on his couch and watched YouTube. Only for a little bit though. He looked up at the clock to check.

10 pm

Oh. Woops. The toast was waiting and so were the clothes. He sighed and muttered, "I got the trash though, close enough."

———————

Tommy woke up in a much different way. First of all, it was raining. The clouds were dark grey outside his window and the sun was nowhere to be found. Second of all, he liked to leap up to get ready for the day. Even if it was only to play Minecraft.

He turned on his pc and logged into discord to see who was online. Ya know, to not be alone? Only Techno was awake. Made sense, it was 6:20 am for Tommy.

He wasn't going to disturb Techno, or anyone if he was being honest, so he decided to play Minecraft alone. It's so much quieter alone. Really, you know that feeling? When you realize no one else is in that whole world? You get the sense that no one is there to talk to and you're completely by yourself.

It's absurd to get sad thinking about that though. It should be peaceful! No need to front some energy he didn't have. It was honestly stupid to him. Of course you're by yourself, you're playing alone.

Tommy still felt a twinge of longing for anyone else at all to join him. He knew the answer and knew he still wouldn't ask anyone, but he checked who was online again anyways.