˚✧˳ Chapter 4 - Rest In Pieces ˳✧˚

✧ WE ONLY SEE EACHOTHER AT WEDDINGS AND FUNERALS ✧

WE ONLY SEE EACHOTHER AT WEDDINGS AND FUNERALS

˚✧˳✧˚✧˳✧˚✧ ☂️ ✧˚✧˳✧˚✧˳✧˚

(Y/N) Hargreeves

I FOUND MYSELF ONCE AGAIN, gazing at Five's portrait by the fireplace like I always did before going to sleep, that is, the time before I was comatose.

I went downstairs out of boredom after he kicked me out of his room. This house feels less dull with him finally around on his schoolboy shorts. Did he even know how many tears my pillows have because his stupid ass disappearing?

"Nice to know Dad didn't forget me." I jumped in fright as I hear someone's tiresome tone. I shifted my position to see Five in the Umbrella Academy uniform. He oddly looks good wearing it.

For a moment, it felt like I was seeing a 9-year-old Five asking if I wanted to play with him. I didn't realize that I let out a wistful smile just by a simple and brief memory replaying in my mind.

'Damn'

"Like what you see?" He chuckled wearisomely. I covered my mouth, realizing I said it out loud. "I meant damn, you look like shit." I solemnly swear, raising a brow, saving myself from an obvious mistake.

He takes his position beside me, taking a peek at his photograph. "You said the P.B.S worked, right? What did you see?" I asked, desperate to hear what he was going to say. "Nothing much, really."

"And you're also 16 again."

"Yeah, and so are you." He takes a deep sigh, beginning to loom around the area while I followed his tracks, eventually getting an excellent view of our memorabilia which were exploits of things such as magazines and posters. "Is that it? What about technology and crap like that? And who's Delores?" I pressed a few questions more into him, hoping he would eventually confess what he saw.

"Just someone I was with while I was in the apoca—" He cuts himself as he grabs a book from the bookshelves that was in front of our view.

"What's that?"

He's holding a book that seems to have Vanya as the cover and the black figures of us as kids.

'EXTRA-ORDINARY; MY LIFE AS NUMBER SEVEN'

"I never knew that Vanya wrote a book." I snatched the publication from his hands and started skimming on the pages then only to found myself on the front page where a written note stands in black ink. 'Dad, I figured, why not? - V'. I wonder if dad even cared enough to have this on his hands.

"Found it in a library that was still standing. I thought it was pretty good, all things considered. She revealed you were in a coma too. Sums up the knowledge about your... Interesting incident."