The Eavesdropper

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVENThe Eavesdropper

The Eavesdropper

KIM TAEHYUNG

My eyes wandered through the pool of people that filled the hall, looking for the only person I needed to talk to right now.

Ahh! There!

I dug my way through the crowd and quickly wrapped my fingers around the forearm of the person, "I need to talk to you!"

"What? No, stop!"

I pulled us to an isolated corner, away from the people and the party, making sure it was only just the two of us.

"Hyung! I was about to get that girl's number!" Jungkook groaned, escaping from my grip and straightening his sleeve.

"Jungkook, if you don't listen to me right now, then it's the funeral insurance number you'll need!"

"Wow, you're back to your bossy, life-threatening self, aren't you." Jungkook deadpanned, narrowing his eyes at me.

"What? No! I meant, for my funeral. You'll need the funeral insurance number for me!" I huffed out a breath when the younger man looked at me with confusion swimming in his eyes, "Look, there's this man named Park Jimin and he-"

"CEO Park Chaewon's son?" Jungkook intercepted.

"Was I the only one who didn't know who he was? Am I really that ignorant?" I gasped in disbelief.

"I mean..." he sang.

"No." I shook my head, "Don't answer that."

Jungkook pursed his lips and swallowed the amusement that was trying to escape.

"Anyway, that's not important. What's important is that... he caught me smoking in the hospital when Jisoo was admitted there for high-fever."

Jungkook's amusement vanished, instead his eyes grew to the size of saucers and his mouth dropped to the floor, "You're kidding... that man is a news virus!"

"Um... to make matters worse, I kinda... threatened him and took away his SD card that had photos of me smoking." I bit my inner cheek as I saw Jungkook's face get drained of his colour.

"I- wow... let me just make a call. I'll set up your funeral in advanc-"

"JUNGKOOK!"