Chapter 17

Noah's P.O.V.

"She's asleep," I said, walking into the dining room where my family and friends sat.

"Good. I fucking hate that mutt," Violet muttered, being the wannabe bad ass that she was.

"Now, Violet. A lady does not speak with those foul words," my mother said, pointing her finger at my sister.

I hate wolves too. They smell like wet dogs and I hated that smell.

But I liked Nicole. She didn't smell like wet dog. Instead, she smelt like vanilla and cinnamon, almost like she came from a bakery. I liked the way she smelt.

"Noah, did you give her the medicine to make her forget?" My father's rough voice broke through my thoughts.

"No I didn't. She never ate the food I gave her," I said.

"That's when you shove the bloody medicine down her throat!" My father yelled in an uproar.

I winced at his voice. His voice was so powerful, and mean. I feared my father.

"We will just have to do the change another time," he said, pinching his nose. He was frustrated.

I nodded.

I left the dining room, to go back up to my room where she slept. As I opened the door quietly and stepped in, I saw her sleeping peacefully. I wonder what she was dreaming about..

One of her legs was sticking out of the sheets as she laid on her side, her breathing was soft. Her dark, curly hair was falling over her face in perfect spirals. She really was beautiful.

I heard her whimper and her face scrunched up, like she was scared. She was having a nightmare.

I walked over to her quietly, and placed my hand on her head.

Instantly, her thoughts filled my head.

*

Pictures of a boy. He was tan, brown hair, brown eyes. He was her mate, and he broke her heart; she was depressed about it majorly.

A gunshot. Nicole fell to the ground, her heart beats slowing. The bullet was in her chest, the pain causing her to go numb. Her last thoughts before she left the world for a short time, was that she loved Liam.

*

I gasped.

All of her thoughts. All of the pain she went through. Being shot in the chest, having to moving packs, meeting Liam, losing her best friend, Liam leaving her.

There was so much pain that came with her, she held so much pain.

She sat up quickly, gasping for air and her head shot towards me.

"What are you doing?" She asked suddenly.

I was lost at words.

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

"About what?" She asked, clueless.

Without thinking much about it, I lifted my hand and touched her chest, where she was shot.

Her eyes widened.

"You died," I whispered, as my fingers went over the scar of where the bullet had hit her.

Her mouth was opened slightly, and her eyes watered.

"Stop it! Stop feeling sorry for me!" She yelled at me, and pushed on my chest.

I was surprised.

"I don't need this! I want to go home! I hate this place and I hate you!" She yelled, throwing pillows at me.