08

kyungmi needed help. she was desperate for help.

she tried setting sunhi down to sleep but sunhi only cried. she wouldn't stop.

taeyong attempted to calm the baby down but she just cried harder. kyungmi groaned from frustration and tried to think of what to do to get her to stop crying and from waking up the neighbors.

"you want to go to jeno's house?" kyungmi asked the baby who stopped crying once she heard his name.

"or were you just being fussy?" kyungmi asked which made the baby start crying again.

"alright alright we'll head to jeno's place." she said and picked sunhi up, placing her in the carrier and made her way to the front door. she left a message on the fridge board for her brother and made her way to the car.

once kyungmi settled in the car, she pulled out her phone and dialed jeno who answered with a sleepy voice.

"kyungmi? what happened?" he asked her and she couldn't lie but hearing him like that really made her heart skip a beat.

"the baby's crying and seemed to only stop when i mentioned taking her to you." she explained and jeno understood.

"i'm on my way to your house if you don't mind." she said.

"no worries. i'll be here waiting with a milk bottle." he said and ended the call.

kyungmi drove the streets to jeno's house which were very empty since it was around 2 in the morning.

she arrived not too long after she left since he lived not so far and knocked on his door which was immediately opened.

"you're back!" he exclaimed and took the baby out of the carrier seeming to only pay attention to her.

"i guess i'll leave her here then. i'll see you tomorrow to help out." kyungmi said and was about to leave until sunhi started crying.

jeno rocked the baby over and over in an attempt to calm her down but she refused and kyungmi panicked.

she ran over the two of them and held up sunhi to which she stopped crying.

"should we go home?" kyungmi questioned the baby to which she only started crying again.

"someone clearly wants us two together." jeno said with a smile and earned a cute baby noise from sunhi.

"i guess you'll be spending your nights here huh?" jeno asked kyungmi and she shrugged.

"if sunhi keeps this up, i just might have to." she said and jeno nodded.

"bring some clothes next time. and why are you still in your work outfit?" jeno eyed kyungmi up and down.

"as soon as we got home, she went ballistic. i didn't have time to change." she explained and jeno nodded and led her to his room.

kyungmi walked over and sat on his bed, still holding the baby whilst jeno went to his closet and pulled out some clothes.

"here. it might not fit but it's the smallest clothes i have." jeno said and handed the clothes to her and kyungmi shook her head.

"it's okay. i'll just sleep in this." she said and laid down with sunhi.

jeno picked up the baby from her and shoved his clothes in her face.

"change. now." he said sternly and kyungmi got a bit intimidated so she did what he asked.

she walked over to the bathroom and wore the clothes that clearly didn't fit her. she used the string on the shorts he gave her and tightened it as much as she could and let the shirt cover her.

as she walked into the room, jeno could feel himself blushing at the sight of her. she looked so small in his clothes.

"cute." he muttered out quietly enough so she couldn't hear.

"what was that?" kyungmi asked and jeno just shook his head.

"nothing. let's go to sleep." he replied and turned off the lights once kyungmi got into bed with him and sunhi.

sunhi smiled and cuddled between them, tugging at their hearts.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"this baby is doing a better job than me." the man said as he watched over the three.

"keep doing what you're doing little one. i don't want to wait any longer."

—————
this book must be really boring so far im sorry. i'll make it more interesting as chapters continue and will be updating frequently :)