thirty one

"Are we not gonna talk about that?" Lyra grinned teasingly at her boyfriend.

"There's nothing to talk about." James said curtly, huffing like a child.

Lyra halted on her steps and tugged James' arms. The boy turned around, a childish pout fixed on his lips, but it quickly faltered when he saw her face.

Lyra simply smiled softly at him, before gently dragging him to sit by one of the benches in the hallways. She sat down and patted the empty space next to her for him to sit. James then sat down beside the girl, arms automatically wrapped around her waist. Lyra turned slightly to look at the boy.

"I'm flattered James, really." She chuckled lightly, pressing a kiss on his cheeks.

"Oh, Merlin." The boy groaned, he laid his head on the girl' shoulders, while his hand went to play with her fingers.

"There's really nothing to talk about. I love you, my patronus changed to yours." He shrugged.

"I knew it. You're a bottom." Lyra cheered loudly, standing up quickly and clapping her hands giddily

"I am not!" He gasped.

-----

"Face it, James. You're a bottom!" Lyra exclaimed,

"I'm a top!" James grumbled, crossing his arms like a petulant child.

"Nah, mate. You're definitely a bottom. Have you seen yourself with Lyra?" Sirius joined, plopping beside Lyra's spot on the couch.

"Sirius! You too?! You're my best friend!" James cried out dramatically.

"I am. But I spit facts." He smirked.

"Even Sirius agrees with me!" Lyra smirked triumphantly.

"What are we talking about?" Remus asked, when he entered the room.

"James is bottom, right Remmy?" Lyra questioned her best friend.

"Definitely." Remus said directly, not a trace of hesitance laced on his voice.

"Remus!" James cried out once more,

"Why are we fighting about top and bottom? I'd just be happy to have a bed." Peter asked innocently, causing his best friends to look at him wide-eyes, before bursting out into loud laughter.

"What?" Peter asked confusedly.

"I'm gonna tell him." Sirius grinned in between laughs,

"No, keep precious little Peter away from your dirty mind." Lyra teased.

"You started it!" James gasped.

"And I just ended it." She said smugly, before turning to Peter. "It's nothing, Pete."

"Don't worry about it, Petey. They're just being stupid as usual." Remus told the smaller boy.

"Hey!" Both James and Sirius exclaimed.

"I didn't even say who. You realized that yourself." Remus raised his hands in surrender, giving them a smug smirk.

----

"Can't believe we go home for Christmas tomorrow. I guess time goes really fast when you're having fun." James sighed, laying on his bed.

Lyra hummed for a moment, "I'm just happy we're safe." She finally said, done with packing James' trunk. She then turned to James who sat up on his bed with his arms out, gesturing for her to come to his embrace.

Lyra then walked towards the boy, climbing on the bed and laying on his chest, his arms wrapped around her. James smiled happily at the girl, before pressing a kiss on her head.