- 𝟐𝟑

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     IT TURNED midday, and rosaline had noticed the number of absences in camp. daryl included. pacing up to the rv, the girl lifted her head, using her arm to shield her eyes from the sun.

     "hey glenn!" she called up to him, he poked his head from up top the motor home gazing down at her, quirking an eyebrow in question, "you seen daryl around?"

     the korean nodded at her, "yeah, he went out with carol. he looked pretty pissed."

     "seriously? that idiot went out on an injured side?" the girl kicked the grass, "how long ago did he go?"

     "not sure, maybe an hour or two?"

     "stupid." she sighed shaking her head in disapproval.

     "he'll be fine, carol's with him." glenn reassured, "stop worrying, if he does anything stupid she'll bring him back."

     meanwhile, maggie was making her way down the path, a basket abundant with fruit grasped in her palms. her face didn't show anything specific, but as soon as glenn called out to her it filled with something unfamiliar to rosaline. she couldn't put her finger on it, but it was for the pair to figure out.

     rosaline left the boy to climb down from the rv, watching them talk out of the corner of her eye, silently hoping whatever rift they had would soon be worked out.

     the boy took the basket from her hands, placing it on the ground beginning to speak to her in a hushed tone, yet it seemed like a somewhat calm debate. glenn began to walk away, but maggie paced up to him and pulled him into a kiss.

     from a distance, rosa grinned at the sight staring at the ground. well, that one was one way to do it. looking up she yelled to them waving, "get a room!"

     the two laughed at her, pulling away, "way to ruin a moment, rosaline!" maggie chuckled.

     "only coming from the best." she winked. from the side, she could see two figures making their way back from the woods. the brown-haired girl's eyes squinted and she recognized daryl and carol.

     rising to her feet the girl walked over to the greene house with glenn and maggie, as the other two arrived. daryl walked next to rosaline after carol whispered something in his ear, "hey."

     "hello to you too. early errands? with injuries?" she gestured to his side.

     "got bored," he answered simply.

     "seems like it. you need to be more careful."

     daryl began to chew on this thumb, "i know. thanks."

     truth be told, carol had told him to go over and talk to rosaline. after apologizing for his behavior earlier that morning, she had made daryl aware that he needed to give the same kindness to rosaline who always has his back. the redneck seemed to feel awkward at that suggestion but he attempted anyway.