I Do

There was a warm feeling in Sukara's chest, it was as though a ball of fire was sat inside her and was expanding trying to burst out as she stood at the end of the aisle. Iroh II and Kai stood just next to her, her heart beating at a thousand miles a minute.

Sukara tried to take deep breaths to keep herself calm. The anticipation of waiting there made every second feel like a century. She couldn't take it and decided to turn to look when she heard the noise start to pick up. And she was so glad that she did.

As soon as she saw Kuvira it was as though everything else fell silent. She looked at her as though she were the universe and she had never seen the stars before. Sukara didn't even want to contain her smile as she watched Kuvira walk towards her. Korra was right, not seeing her since this morning made this moment so much more special.

The moment Kuvira reached her, Sukara held out her hand to help her up the little steps as Su gave her away. They let their hands fall together, not letting of each other.

"Hey," Sukara almost whispered, letting her eyes wander over her, making Kuvira blush.

"Hey," Kuvira smiled, keeping a hold of Sukara's hand.

They both turned, fighting the urge to kiss, knowing that they had to wait. A broad smile on both of their faces as they faced Tenzin.

--

Lin could feel herself welling up a little but she held it in. She cared about Sukara dearly, but crying in front of everyone? She would never hear the end of it. She could not let it happen.
Su stood next to her, looking at Lin every few moments with a smirk.

"What?" Lin whispered, glancing over at Su.

"Nothing," she smiled, swinging back and for on her heels, "I see no tears of pride in the stern police cheif's eyes."

Lin sighed heavily and turned away from her sister, only making Su giggle.

"So," Su continued, her voice hushed as they watched the vows, "how's being a grandma?"

"I'm not a grandmother," Lin sighed again, not giving Su the satisfaction of turning to talk to her.

"Oh really, cause you're grandchild is gonna need looking after in a moment," Su smirked as they both watched Voya stand behind her mothers, giving them the rings.

"Doesn't she call you grandma?" Lin asked as she went to bend down to call Voya over now that she was done.

"No, she calls me Nana Su," Su told her, bending down as well, "come here sweetie."

The little girl came skipping up to them and was lifted up by Lin so that she could watch the final part of the ceremony with them.

They clapped as Kuvira and Sukara were pronounced wife and wife, placing Voya back down so that she could rejoin her parents. Lin and Su stood with soft smiles as friends and family surrounded the happy couple as they all made their way to the reception.