ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ

"What's going on?" Y/n asked, appearing behind the rest of the class in their seats.

"Y/N" Kirishima exclaimed, standing up from his seat. This made the rest of the students near them turn around.

"YOU'RE OK" Mina shouted, running up to her and hugging her tightly. Y/n hissed at the pain in her arms and Mina immediately let go.

"I'm so sorry" she whispered, stepping away from her classmate, looking her up and down. Her bandages were still on to protect her damaged skin.
Y/n shook her head. She turned her gaze towards the stage down below, where Bakugo and Todoroki stood. Most of their surroundings were covered in ice.

"Bakugo is being very aggressive, more than usual" Kirishima explained, watching his friend attacking Todoroki non-stop.
Y/n's eyes softened as she thought back to half an hour ago, when he was still in the infermery with her.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN SHE MIGHT HAVE LOST HER QUIRK?" Bakugo shouted, his hands showing off small sparks as his face contorted in anger and confusion.

"Todoroki's flames traveled on her quirk to reach her body, that means he probably burnt most of what there was. But if the glands from which she produces them from are intact, they should grow back soon. Like hair" Recovery girl explained. Bakugo clenched his teeth.

"I am going to murder him" he said, storming out of the room and disappearing. Y/n lifted her eyes and looked at the short old woman at the foot of the bed.

"Do you think I still have my quirk?" she spoke, not wanting to believe that was even an option.

"We'll have you in tomorrow for a few tests and scans so we can figure this out. After the Sport Festival you'll have a few days off anyway so you can recover" she smiled, nodding her head.
Y/n turned to look at the window, seeing the big screen show Bakugo and Shoto's faces as they called them out.

"YOU USE YOUR LEFT SIDE ON DEKU AND SPIDEY BUT YOU'RE NOT GOING TO USE IT ON ME?" Bakugo shouted, his voice reaching everyone. His aggressive stance was made even more intimidating by the small explosions coming out of his hands.

Todoroki didn't reply, watching his adversary carefully.
The image of her collapsing to the floor, his red flames surrounding her was stuck at the front of his mind.
Why he had used his left side so up close instead of just immobilising her with his ice, he didn't know. He had forgotten in that moment that she was a friend, that this was a competition between students, his mind was clouded by the will to win at any cost. And his left side acted.

"You're proud of yourself aren't you?" Bakugo asked, taking a few steps forward, his back hunched.

"What?"

"You listened to her stupid speech. You used your left side in the worst possible moment with someone you know can't handle it. LOOK, LOOK UP AT HER" Bakugo shouted, pointing his finger up at the bleachers behind Shoto.
Everyone turned to look at Y/n, the bi-coloured boy following the crowd and searching for her with his gaze.
His eyes widened as he looked over her body, mostly covered in gauze.

"That's right, you didn't even go see her afterwards did you?" Bakugo taunted, catching Todoroki's attention once again. His left side activated as he scowled at the blonde standing on the opposite side.
Bakugo lifted himself in to the air with his explosions and started spinning towards the boy.

"YOU BASTARD, YOU MIGHT HAVE TAKEN AWAY HER DREAM" he shouted, getting closer to Todoroki.
Y/n's breath hitched as Izuku turned to look at her, his expression showing clear confusion.

Todoroki glanced at Y/n once again with the corner of his eye, meeting her gaze. He wasn't good with other people, but the expression of hurt and sadness in her eyes was very familiar to him.
His flames disappeared just as Bakugo reached him, sending him flying across the field.