Tweets - Lando Norris

This one is requested by msaliceg. I hope you like it. I have never written something like this before, so if anything is incorrect, please tell me.

Being the only female driver in Formula One has not been easy. Nothing has even been easy. When you were younger, you struggled a lot about who you were and what you wanted in life. You wanted to be the first queer woman in Formula One, and you did. You made it, but it wasn't what you expected. You loved the drives and the competition, but as soon as you got out of the car, the fun was gone. You had to do interviews, and while the boys hung out, you were being shut out. Most of the guys were nice to you, but they never invited you along. Lando Norris was the worst. He never said anything to you, but you could just see that he didn't like you.

Today was another day full of media. With the youngsters, you were being set up in the conference room for another press conference. Lando Norris, George Russell, Max Verstappen, and you sat down at the table.

'Max, if we could start with you please, what do you expect from this weekend?' One of the interviewers asked.

'I expect a lot. Last year when we were here, the grip wasn't really there, which caused a lot of spins, and it made everything more exciting. There was no predicting in who would end up where and I think this year is going to be the same.'

'All you youngster has been really active on social media, and recently some tweets from Y/N have reached the surface. How do you feel about them, Y/N?' another interviewer asked.

'May I ask about what tweets you're talking about?' You tweeted a lot when you were younger, so it could be anything, although you might have a feeling what this was about.

'One of them says "I like him, like her too, like them too". Is that you saying that you're bisexual?'

You looked at the interviewer with a slight shock on your face. Did he really just ask you that? You have never been afraid to talk about who you love, but in F1, you liked to keep it on a low. Some people didn't understand, so you didn't talk about it on the paddock. "I am. I'm a proud queer woman,' is the only thing you say.

'Why have you never talked about this on the paddock?'

You take a sip of your water, but before you can answer, Lando Norris starts to talk. 'I think you have no right to ask that. They are free to talk about it if they want. It's called privacy. I know we don't have a lot of this, but maybe Y/N just wanted to keep this to themselves. It's ridiculous that there are even questions about this. Love is love, and that should be equal for everybody,' Lando said.

You looked at him in shock. Not only did he stood up for you, but he also called you they/them. He knew your pronouns. The man you thought didn't like you, stood up for you and you were confused.

The press conference moved on to George, and for the rest of the hour, everything was about driving. After the press conference, you had some more interviews, talks with the team and then it was finally time to go back to the hotel. Before you got to your own room, you made your way to Lando his room. You knocked on the door and waited for him to open the door.

It took him a minute, but then the door finally opened. 'Y/N, hi. What... Ehm... what can I do for you?' Lando asked. Did he seem nervous?

'I just wanted to say thank you for the press conference. It meant a lot to me, so thank you.'

'No problem. How did the interviews go? Do you want to come in? We can talk if you want.'

'Sure.' You walked into his hotel room and sat down on the couch. 'The interviews were fine. A lot of questions about what happened during the press conference, but it's fine. It's not that I'm ashamed of who I am, it's just that being a woman in F1 is hard, let alone a queer woman, but that doesn't matter anymore, since everybody knows now,' you confessed. You didn't even know why you did that, but it just feels like you can talk to Lando about his.

'I can't even imagine. But it does say something that you're in F1, Y/N. You're really talented,; Lando complimented you.

'Thanks,' you said and felt your cheeks blush a little. You and Lando looked at each other in the eye. Before you could say anything, Lando had his lips pressed against yours. Your hands found his way up to his cheeks, and you pulled him even closer to you. Lando smiled against your lips.

You both pulled away to catch a breath. 'I didn't know you liked me,' you mumbled.

'I can say the same,' he said and kissed you again.