23.Rollin

Omniscient pov

Kennedy and von spent the whole morning and afternoon together . After they got her things from the burger spot , they ended up going to harolds chicken to get some food since Kennedy said it was her favorite chicken place , then they went to the mall because Von said he needed new shoes but really he just wanted Kennedy to pick out things so he could get them for her , and now they were drinking smoothies at the park laughing like all their troubles had disappeared.

Making Kennedy smile again made Von feel good . He never thought in a million years that he would be breaking his back for a female just so she could smile again . Let alone his best friend sister . But for once since they met , at this moment , Durk wasn't in the back of vons head telling him to stay away from her . Because Von wasn't looking at her in a lustful manner or an attractive way . He thought of himself as a protector . He felt like he needed to protect her heart and emotions so they don't break again . And that feeling gave him a rush , like he had a goal to accomplish . He felt good having a goal .

"I told you that pineapple surf was good " Kennedy laughs watching his face light up as he tried her smoothie .

"Your fat ass always trying to put me on to food" he laughs with her.
She watches him smile and it makes her do the same .

"You know I really appreciate you . You didn't have to do all this for me trying to cheer me up . I really thank you " Kennedy says and rubs his arm sending a shock through his body . He would redo this whole day over just to feel this moment again . He couldn't believe they way he felt .

Nigga she turning you from a thug to a housewife

He shakes his thoughts away and nods his head . "No problem. You my lil killa man I can't see you like that " he smiles nudging her . She laughs a little and starts to think

"Why did you even start calling me that anyway ? " she asks

"Unt Unt ! Only way you getting answers out of me is if I get a sandwich out of you " he points and she smacks his hand away .

It amazes Kennedy how they went from arguing about chipotle and donuts , to fighting almost Everytime they talked to now , friendship . They won't say it out loud but they really enjoyed this time together . Both of their lives were surrounded by chaos and it felt good to have someone bring you peace . Neither of them wanted the peace to end .

"Alright come on it's getting cold " von tells her . She sighs and gets up to follow him . "I know you don't want this day to end "von boost. He felt the same way though . They were was enjoying themselves so much they forgot how many hours were in a day , and it was getting late .

"Boy shut up " she laughs "of course I don't want it to end I'm homeless "

"You not homeless " he shakes his head . He couldn't wait to show her the next part of the surprise . Kennedy and Von get in the car and he starts driving . Kennedy looks at him confused because he's driving like he knows where he going and she didn't even know where she wanted to be .

"Uhm Von ?" She starts

"If the next couple words out your mouth is a question , please keep it to yourself " he says keeping his eyes on the rode .

She squints her eyes and purses her lips looking at him . " you don't know what I was finna say "

"Shitten me " he mumbles . He knew all she did was want to ask questions all day .

"Okay well can I just ask one ? " she whines

"No " he says

"Please "