- 𝟐𝟒

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     SOMETHING WITHIN rosaline had snapped that day. reliving the moments that a child had to be put down because of what the world had left them in, it broke her. her little brother, ended the same way, however, no one put him down - nor her mother.

     "don't look, don't look." daryl said to a helpless carol as he lifted her off the ground, trying to get her away from the horrifying scene. although, the woman struggled out of his grasp and sprinted away.

     rick turned to shane. a look in his eyes that screamed: 'are you satisfied?'.

     beth raced over to the pile of bodies, uttering a few words turning them over. probably looking for her loved ones. it turned out to be the wrong choice though, as the walker came to life, grabbing and pulling at her with snarls.

     without hesitation, people rushed to her side pulling her away trying to kill it. andrea rushed over with a pickaxe and slammed it straight into its brain, matter spilling everywhere. beth's sobs grew even louder. rosaline simply looked the other way.

     lori grabbed the girl by the arm, leading her away from everything. from a distance, she could hear the arguing of rick, shane, and hershel.

     "don't touch him!" maggie threatened, followed by a slap. rosaline knew what happened. maggie repeated her words, "haven't you done enough?"

     daryl stood leaning against the tree, something like an unknown emotion glimmering in his eyes. rhaegar laid at rosaline's feet while tiny droplets of tears slipped down her cheeks and onto the dirt, painting it a darker color. her eyes caught daryl's but she looked away.

     the redneck thought about saying something to her. although, it's not like he knew what was the correct thing to say. even if sophia wasn't family to rosaline, she still cared for her deeply, since rosaline spent the most time with the children. rhaegar's whines beneath her said enough about what she felt too.

     suddenly, she stood up feeling her lunch come back up. she rushed over to the side, emptying the contents of her stomach, coughing and sputtering. this was something that always happened to rosaline. when there was too much stress on her, she'd throw up. she was slowly starting to find out that this was the case when she couldn't catch her breath.

     daryl pushed himself off the tree, "hey, you okay?"

     "yeah. just too much happening." she breathed out while he passed her a rag to clean her mouth off with. as well as that, he walked up to his tent grabbing bottled water and threw it over to her, quietly, she muttered a word of thanks wiping her eyes and looking at him before sitting down beside rhaegar, running her fingers through his thick black pelt.

     daryl averted his sights to the rv where carol had been sitting.

     "you should go check on her." rosaline rasped.