3│WHAT I MEANT TO SAY

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪ ᴍᴇᴀɴᴛ ᴛᴏ sᴀʏ ꒱

❝ I LOVE YOU ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Jack and Juliet had spent the day at a nearby park, taking a walk around the pond that sat in the middle and having a picnic next to it when they became hungry. Now, the boy was lying with his head in the girl's lap as Juliet's fingers gently ran through his blond locks. The boy gazed up into the redhead's face and a soft smile curved on his lips as he took in her pretty blue eyes and the red hair that perfectly framed them.

God, she was pretty, he thought happily. He felt like he could stare at her forever and never get tired of looking into her ocean eyes. He liked kissing her soft, pink lips and he liked how she responded to his touch. He admired her brilliance and loyalty to her friends and her confident, sometimes fierce personality that helped her defend the people she loved. Love.

He'd never been in love before but he thought he might be now. He didn't have a lot of examples since most of the couples that attended his parents' parties were 'good matches' and didn't actually marry because they wanted to. Some did, certainly, but more broke up than stayed together. His parents were an example, though, and he always saw that when his father was around his mother, the man's hard exterior softened considerably.

Jack had also seen John and Marie. Their love was more simple and traditional than his father's grand gestures. The couple lived happily within their means and spent as much time together as possible. They didn't need fancy parties or expensive trips to show their feelings for each other; they just needed to be together. That was the type of love Jack hoped for. Someone he could count on and who could count on him in return. Of course, most adults would say he was too young to know anything about love or what he wanted with it, but when he looked up into Juliet's face, he was sure he found the answer.

The girl's hands were removed from his hair and he opened his eyes curiously to see why. She rubbed them against her arms as her short sleeves didn't provide enough warmth to keep her comfortable. Excitement flooded through him as he quickly sat up and shrugged off his jean jacket to place it carefully over her shoulders. The redhead laughed at his eagerness. "Someone's excited."

Warmth rushed to his face as he ducked his head. "Sorry. I've always wanted a girl— my girl to wear my jacket."

A smile curved on Juliet's mouth and she stuck her hands down the sleeves. The fabric extended past her hands. "A perfect fit," she teased him as she flapped the material in the air.

He chuckled and leaned forward to press a kiss to her lips. "Just like us," he said softly, pulling away to take in her happy expression.

The redhead folded her hands in her lap as she gave him a shy glance. "You know, Jackie, I wasn't sure what to expect with you being my first boyfriend and all," 'all' meaning 'not being over my best friend.' "But this is the first good change I've ever experienced."

"And it's been fun," he added softly as he leaned forward to kiss her again.

"I think it helped that you tried to 'woo' me first and dazzle me with everything you have to offer," she said with a grin once he'd pulled away.

"Who said I've shown you everything?" Jack asked with a wink. Juliet reached forward and intertwined her fingers with his. Jack's hand warmed up her chilly one nicely as she gave his fingers a gentle squeeze.