6│THIS LITTLE PIGGY

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐒𝐈𝐗 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴛʜɪs ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴘɪɢɢʏ ꒱

❝ PIG-HATER ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"Julie! Julie!"

Shawn's excited voice caused the redhead to pull herself out of her locker and turn to watch the boy approach. She gave him a curious look at the bright expression on his face and, with a jolt, realized it had been some time since she'd seen him so happy around her. "What's up, Shawnie?" she asked carefully, trying not to let the realization show in her voice.

"Do you remember that goldfish I used to have?"

"The turtle?" she asked.

"Yeah. Well, I finally replaced him." He looked down the hall and called: "here, boy." At his words, a little pink pig came squealing down the hall to stop by his leg. "What do you think?"

The girl crouched down to study the animal as a small smile curved on her lips. "Very cute."

"See that, buddy?" Shawn said to the pig, "that's your aunt that I've been telling you about. Isn't she already great?"

Juliet stood with a frown. "Aunt?"

"Yeah, well, I was going to say sister but that seemed insulting."

She tried to ignore the prickle of hurt. It was just a pig. But, once upon a time, Shawn would have introduced her as 'mom' had they still been 'married.' She missed those days now more than ever.

"I guess that's fine," she shrugged as she turned back to her locker. She missed the slight look of disappointment on the boy's face before it quickly disappeared as Cory approached. 

"Huh," the curly-haired boy said.

"It's a pig," Shawn explained.

"Do you know something? It is a pig," the boy bent to pet it. "Aw, he's cute."

"Last night I was at my old trailer park digging around the sludge where our house used to be and I found this little guy gnawing on my uncle Sal's old peg leg."

"Poor Uncle Sal. How does he get around without it?"

"Who said he was without it? Sal was there, he just never noticed the pig," Shawn answered.

"Shawn, I see what's going on. I'm spending too much time with Topanga and Juliet's spending too much time with Jack. This is your oh-so-subtle way of showing us that we can be replaced by a common pig."

"Come on, Cory. As flattered as you are this piglet has nothing to do with you guys," the bell rang and Shawn bent to pick up the pig. "Well, come on, Little Coriet. Time for class."

"Shawn," Juliet spoke up pointedly.

"Hey, I couldn't chose between the two so I mashed the names together."

Topanga joined them and she saw the pig. "Oh, he's so adorable. What's your name, cute feller?"

"His name's Little Coriet," Juliet told her.

Topanga looked between the two. "I can only see the first part. Where'd you get him?"

"I found him," Shawn said.

"Well, we have to find a nice home for Little Coriet."

"He has one, with me."

"Apparently I'm the aunt," the redhead added, unable to keep the slight note of bitterness out of her voice.