9│THE LAST TEMPTATION OF CORY ( AND JACK )

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ ᴛᴇᴍᴘᴛᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
ᴏғ ᴄᴏʀʏ ( & ᴊᴀᴄᴋ ) ꒱

❝ I'M SORRY, JULIET ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Cory was talking to Topanga over the phone. "Topanga, how could you be sick? I mean, you said you'd never catch a cold as long as you were taking that trout fluid."

"Fish oil," Juliet provided helpfully. The boy ignored her and continued to talk to his girlfriend.

"I miss you so much and I'll call you after next period. . . Topy." Everyone nearby 'awwed' him, causing the boy to snap, "oh, drop dead. We're in love."

Shawn, who was standing next to the redhead, motioned between Cory and himself. "Not us," he clarified, narrowing his eyes at his best friend. "Do that again and I'll hurt you."

"I thought her nickname was Tippy," the girl added.

"I wasn't going to call her something her dad did, Ocean Eyes," he added mockingly, causing the girl to flush and shift uncomfortably.

"Her eyes are blue, so what?" Shawn asked with irritation in his tone as he huffed at the nickname Jack used.

"Anyways, I'm not embarrassed about it. I mean, Topanga and I are serious. We do everything together."

A girl approached Cory. "Hi, Cory. Love that shirt."

"Hey, thanks. Underneath it I'm half-naked," the boy joked.

Once she walked away, Shawn gave him a look. "You and Topanga do everything together, huh? Even flirt with Libby Harper?"

"Flirt?" the boy asked, "I was just being friendly. And besides, girls like Libby Harper don't flirt with me."

"That was before. Now you have 'the scent.'"

"Not this again," Juliet sighed. Shawn had gone in-depth before about his theory for girls being attracted to taken guys as he tried to convince her that Jack would fall for it one of these days. In their current relationship, Juliet wouldn't be surprised.

"Well, what exactly is 'the scent?'" Cory asked.

"I'll tell you about 'the scent.'"

The curly-haired boy pushed Shawn's hands down to prevent him from making air quotes. "Alright, stop."

"It means the women want you," the redhead explained flatly.

"Why?"

"Because they can't have you," Shawn explained, "you're with Topanga. They think you're unavailable, ergo, they want you."

"Shawn thinks that Jack's being swayed by other girls," Juliet added.

"I've seen a few of them approach him," the boy protested, "they're on the trail!"

"You're batty," Cory decided, "so one girl may have flirted with me. You're making it sound like all girls. . . I don't know, Missy Robinson are gonna come over and make small talk."

Wordlessly, Juliet pointed to where the blonde was approaching. "Cory?"

"Yes Missy?"

"Did you know the sun sets today at six fifty-two?"

"I did not know that," he turned to look at his friends, "guys. . ."

"Shawn's theory may have some merit," the redhead allowed with a shrug.