11│CITY SLACKERS

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ ᴇʏᴇꜱ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴄɪᴛʏ sʟᴀᴄᴋᴇʀs ꒱

❝ A SMILE THAT LIT
THE NIGHT SKY ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

"'You, me, Cory. Feeny's cottage. This weekend.'"

"Hello to you too, Shawn," Juliet answered after the boy had finished speaking.

"'I'm serious, Julie. We've got his keys.'"

"You stole his keys," she corrected him mildly as she flipped a page in her book.

"'Borrowed. There's a difference!'"

"Took without asking. Stealing," the redhead said, amused.

"'Look, this guy goes out of his way to make my life miserable. Here's his way of making it up to me.'"

"Shawnie, we can't just— just break into his house."

"'We've got his keys. We won't break in.'" There was silence as the girl debated. "'C'mon, Julie. We can send Cory on an impossible errand and then it will just be the two of us. And I won't even mention Montacute.'"

"You just did," she pointed out, though she knew why. Shawn still didn't agree with her continuing to see Jack and he rarely went a day without trying to talk her out of it.

"'Well, starting now.'" 

She sighed and placed her book down on the bed next to her before she flopped over on her back to stare up at the ceiling. "Fine, but when we get caught, it's your fault."

"'If we get caught.'"

"When," she answered with a grin.

🌎🌎🌎

At school the next day, Shawn handed Cory and Juliet their tickets. "Three bus tickets to paradise."

"And the weather report?" Juliet prompted him.

"Fresh blanket of snow on the mountains."

"Alright, Shawn. Not to put a damper on our plans or anything but you know, it occurred to me in a moment of clarity that we don't ski," Cory said.

"Hey, we don't learn but we go to school don't we?"

"Speak for yourself!" the redhead protested.

🌎🌎🌎

The mountain temperatures were far colder than Juliet had expected and she was relieved when the helpful ranger finally announced that they had arrived. "Well, here you go."

"Hank 'oo," Cory said though chattering teeth.

"Hank 'oo 'herry 'hunch," Shawn added, not much better as they closed the cottage door.

"Little chilly for you city kids," the ranger observed.

"Little bit," the curly-haired boy agreed.

"Uh, thanks for the ride, Officer— uh. . ."

"Ranger. Ranger Mark," the man answered.

"How old are you?" Cory asked.

"Which one of you are Feeny's children?"

The trio answered simultaneously: "oh, (s)he is."

"Well, I am," Cory pointed to himself.

"We all are," Shawn tried to fix it too.