CHAPTER 0•11

Accidents Happen

On the way towards the long awaited destination of wherever Dawn was going to be locked away, the girl had taken the small droplets of water that were in her bag, trying to use it to heal her cuts that were burning and bleeding still from her fight with Tarrlok. She winced slightly, letting it heal only one cut as the water soon evaporated into her wound and she sighed. That was the last bit of water, and she knew she still had more cuts along her body, her cheek burning in reassurance. She looked around the metal truck, getting up and feeling her way around.

As she reached the door, her hands smacked against it, trying to see if she could break the hinges, but she knew the metal was thick and wouldn't budge.

"Only if I was a fricken Earth Bender." She muttered, looking up at the ceiling to see grated at the top, and she pouted her lips, lifting herself up and looking out to see the entire area was covered in snow.

She frowned, feeling the cold seep around her hands and she was slightly scared as to how far Tarrlok was willing to go. She never should have left Korra alone.

The thoughts of what exactly could have happened to her while she was gone, she knew Tarrlok had wrapped her up, tying her against a post and then leaving her there, probably scared of what's going to happen to Dawn.

She let go of the bars, using her Fire Bending to breathe out a small flame, allowing her body to stay warm under the harsh conditions. She was already exhausted, having exhausted all her bending towards her fight at Tarrlok and once again... using Blood Bending.

She knew her grandmother and Katara would be furious with her, Dawn's mind wondering back to the last time she did.

' Playing in the kingdom of Zaofu, a sixteen year old Dawn was run in around the field with three other children around. Two being twins, Wei and Wing Beifong and their younger sister Opal. The four teenagers were laughing, having a fun game as Dawn would like to call Tag, but the siblings all called it Chase.

Dawn quickly used her strength as she lept up from the ground, using her Fire Bender under her feet and landed right on top of Wei, smiling as she did so and he chuckled, grabbing her face and about to pull her in for a kiss as Opal gasped.

"Ewww! Dawn and Wei are being Oogie!" Opal yelled at as Dawn chuckled and got up, helping Wei as she put out her hand and he took it.

"We didn't kiss, because of you." Wei stated as a fact while Wing rolled his eyes.

"Maybe you just shouldn't kiss while we are playing a game." His twin said, crossing his arms and smirking at the couple. He knew of his twin and Dawn since they were kids and they had small crushes on each other.

Dawn rolled her eyes and punched Wing on the arm. "Don't make me burn you." She teased and that's when a bell was heard.

"Kids, time for dinner!" Their mother's voice picked up.

Dawn looked to Wei and sighed, holding his hand as his siblings quickly rushed to the front door of their mansion. "I'll see you tomorrow." She breathed out, Wei smiling and getting a bright idea.

"How about tonight? I'll meet you up by the walk way." He said, and Tenzin was starting to walk over towards the girl.

She bit her bottom lip and nods her head. "Okay! But you gotta help me keep Tenzin here for one more night." She breathed out, Wei smiling as Tenzin patted her shoulder.

"Come along, Dawn. It's time for you to head back to Republic City." He said and Dawn pouted.

"Can't we stay for dinner? Just for a little bit." She pleaded, giving him a big set of puppy dog eyes and Tenzin sighed.

"Okay, just for dinner." He repeated. '

Little did Tenzin know, Dawn had gotten her wish. Wei and Dawn worked hard for dinner to be long, causing a food fight and tell obnoxious stories that their families held. Tenzin knew all along, but to the girl's wish, he had let her stay one more night, and Dawn couldn't help the headache that had grown.

She sighed, hitting her head against the metal truck and looking up at the half moon that was out as the memory flashed before her eyes.

' The teenagers had snuck out, and Wei decided to show off his bending a little more while Dawn laughed and soon a pressing pain filled behind her eyes. She winced and Wei saw this. "You okay? Should we go back inside?" He asked, the sixteen year old Protector shook her head.

"No, this is our last day together. It's probably with Korra." She brushed off, smiling at him as he brushed a stray piece of hair out of her face.

"I'm really going to miss you." He breathed out, and the girl grinned and leaned up, kissing him slowly as she grabbed some grass and dirt into her hand and threw it at him.

"That is my style of Earth Bending." She teased, laughing as Wei had grass over his face and dirt in his mouth.

"Ewww!" He yelled, and chuckled as he grabbed a piece of metal. "Well, I bet you can't do this." He teased, pretending to throw the metal just a few inches away from Dawn's face, she laughed, only to turn and see a silhouette with large green eyes.

"No!" She yelled, trying to stop the metal from hitting Opal, and watched as the metal piece stopped, making Opal gasp as it was a foot away from hitting her arm.

Dawn saw the metal spear drop to the ground, and Dawn frowned as Opal screamed. She furrowed her eyebrows, turning around and saw Wei levitating in the air as he was gasping in pain.

Dawn gasped, letting her bending stop as Wei fell to the ground. Dawn had tears falling from her eyes as she went over to him. "I'm sorry, I didn't- -"

"Get away from him!" Opal yelled, pushing Dawn off her brother.  "You're a monster!" She said out of fear.

Dawn kept stuttering as she was trying to explain herself, but that was when Suyin and Tenzin ran out. "What happened here?" Suyin asked. '

That memory haunted Dawn every day of her life. Because of it being accidental, Katara and Persephone saw fit to make the girl practice on control and to never use that form of bending again.

Dawn sighed, closing her eyes and let her nightmares haunt her mind once again.

<>•<>•<>•

| Edited |