vii

They probably didn't know that I spoke and understood English perfectly because they were talking about me in front of me.

"She's definitely new Lee don't be daft" said one of the ginger boys to the boy with dreadlocks. "I can see that but I think she can't understand us" the boy named Lee replied. "Just because the book's in French doesn't mean that she doesn't speak English" the other ginger whisper yelled at the other two boys.

I closed my book and looked at the three boys before saying "you know it's rude to assume that a person can't understand you right?". "Right erm sorry we just thought since the title is in french" said one of the ginger boys pointing to the book that I was holding. I noticed that the boy with dreadlocks was staring at me as if he was hypnotized and for I moment I forgot that I was part veela.

"If you take a picture it'll last longer" I said to the boy who snapped out from the trance he was in. I chuckled and the two identical gingers did too. "So you're new and speak French and are sassy" one of the twins said to me with a smirk plastered on his face. "So I am" I replied. "I'm Fred Weasley, this is my brother George and this is Lee" he said to me holding his hand out for me to shake. "Madeleine, Madeleine Archambeau" I said shaking his hand. I then shook the other two boys' hands before opening up my book again.

George and Lee were whispering among themselves but Fred was only staring at me curiously. I looked up from my book and my green eyes met his brown ones, "can I help you?" I asked him. "Not really but these two gits want to know if you're a veela" he said jokingly. "Part veela actually" I said to him. "I was right then!" Said George, "so if you're angry your head can turn into a bird or something" he said looking at me. "Emm no...but if you piss of my Mamie hers will" I told him. Both twins looked at each other and said in sync "Wicked!".

"Anything else you'd like to know before I open my book again" I said to they boys. "What's your story then love" Fred said to me intrigued.
"Fine, I was born in France but my mum is English. I have a brother and a sister and I used to attend Beauxbatons" I told them, I was about to open my book again when the one named Fred snapped it from my hands. "That's not your story-" he started, "–yeah those are just random facts we want to know the deep stuff" George finished. I chuckled and shook my head. "The deep stuff huh, like what exactly" I said in a challenging way. "Like your favorite colour" said Lee, which caused the twins to hit him in the arm. "Favorite colour, wow that's so deep I'm not sure I can even tell you" I replied sarcastically.

The compartment door opened again and I saw Clotilde with the bushy haired girl. She looked at the three boys before saying "Hi I'm Clotilde nice to meet you!", they introduced themselves and the girl approached me. "You must be Madeleine, I'm Hermione Granger pleasure" she said shaking my hand. "Mad can I have some of the money that mum gave you? I left mine in my trunk I promise that I'll pay you later" she asked my with her puppy eyes. I rolled my eyes and handed her three galleons "you'll have to pay me back Clotilde you always say you'll do and by now you owe me like 50 galleons!". She kissed both of my cheeks before stepping outside of the compartment.

Even though I usually hated it I decided to engage in small talk with the boys. Fred and George told me about their family and I was pretty shocked when I heard that they had three older brothers, a younger brother and a younger sister. Lee took out his tarantula and let me pet it, I wasn't scared of spiders so I didn't mind. We talked about classes, and O.W.Ls, and they told me all about the school. Turns out Fred and George were the best pranksters Hogwarts had ever seen, they both played quidditch and Lee was the quidditch commentator. I told them a bit about my family, avoiding talking about dad and mum's family drama.

The compartment door opened again and there was Timothee. He introduced himself to the boys before asking to talk to me in private. I followed him to the hall and stood in front of him. "Ça va Mad? I know that's been a rough summer so I just wanted to check in on you" he said. "I'm fine, I promise", I lied. "I know when you're lying Mads" he said before reaching for my hand. "I'm fine I swear, now go back to conquer some girls. I know they're head over heels for you" I said to him wiggling my eyebrows. He chuckled and finally left me alone.

Since we were almost there, I went back to the compartment and picked up my bag to go change into my school robes. I put on the school uniform and it was truly awful. I took out my wand and made the skirt a bit shorter, the Beauxbatons uniforms was made out of light blue silk and it was beautiful and stylish but the Hogwarts one made me look like a nun. I stepped out of the bathroom and bumped into someone.

I looked up and it was a really handsome boy. He was tall and he had brown hair perfectly styled. "Sorry I'm not usually this clumsy" I said to him. "It's alright, I'm Cedric Diggory" he said to me with a smile. "Madeleine, nice to meet you" I said. He was probably one of the most handsome guys I had ever seen, I then smiled at him and went back to the compartment.

"So are you and pretty boy Diggory dating now" said Fred jokingly. I scoffed at his words and sat down, "I just bumped into him and besides I don't date". The three boys in front of me looked at each other intrigued. "Mind explaining?" George said. I rolled my eyes, "I just think that dating at this age is a complete waste of time. Way too much drama for what?! A 'relationship' that's gonna last like a month, it's complete bullshit!". "Perhaps you haven't dated the correct people yet" said Fred sending me a wink causing me to roll my eyes.

The train stopped and everyone got out. The boys took me to where the carriages were but I stopped entirely when I saw a horse looking animal in front of the carriage. "George did you say that these were horseless carriages?" I asked the redhead in front of me. "Yeah they sort of drive itself, I reckon that they have a spell or something", he said getting inside the carriage with Lee.

"It's not, I swear that there's a horse looking animal that's pulling it!", I approached the animal and slowly placed my hand on its head. I began petting him gently and the three boys looked at me as if I was crazy. I got into the carriage trying to forget about what just happened but it wouldn't leave my mind alone. Why could I see what is pulling the carriage but they couldn't? I tried to distract myself by asking the boys about Hogwarts.

"So there are four houses right?" I asked them even though I already knew the answer. "Yup, there's Hufflepuff which is for like the kind and dumb ones. Ravenclaw for the smart ones, Slytherin for the evil ones and Gryffindor for the coolest and bravest" Fred said. "If you're too worried the Sorting Hat  will take your opinion" George continued. "So if basically you wanna be in Gryffindor just think about that and the hat'll to the rest" Fred finished. The carriage stopped in front of a beautiful and old looking castle. It was completely different from Beauxbatons, there were paintings everywhere, the halls were antique looking. I was safe to say that I was amazed.