KLAUS

(Unedited)

Klaus PoV

I was standing at the door talking to Maddox about getting my body to Mystic Falls. Whilst Katerina was making coffee.

"I'll be back as soon as I can." Maddox tells me as he starts to get his things ready to retrieve my body.

"Yes, do hurry. I'm anxious to get out of this body. And if you get hung up, call me. You know how impatient I get." I tell him in a slight threatening tone as he leaves and I close the door behind him.

"Where is he going?" Questions Katerina as she hands me a mug of coffee.

"To retrieve me. So I can get out of this bad hair-do." I tell her although it is none of her business.

"Are you sure that's a good idea, Klaus?" Katerina questions me nervously, twiddling with her thumbs.

"Well, the full moon is almost upon us." I say as I place the moonstone on the table in front of me. "I've killed the witch, I have the moon stone, and the doppelgänger is waiting in the wings. There is still my doppelgänger soulmate that isn't human but that can be sorted out later. Ohh, I am ready to break this curse." I continue to tell her.

"And why would you do that here? There's so many people that would try to stop you. Your soulmate is a doppelgänger?" Katerina asks with slightly nervously, getting more shocked towards the end,but I could still here the curiosity in her voice.

"Because I have to. It's the birthplace of the doppelgänger." I tell her snakily, ignoring the question.

"I didn't realize that was a requirement." She says continuing to slightly fidget under my eye contact.

"Well, how could you? You betrayed me and fled England before I could give you the details, Katerina. But I did find your birthplace and I slaughtered your family. So I guess we're cool. Let's just hope that Elena isn't as stupid as you were." I tell her still quite annoyed of the events that happened five centuries ago.

"She won't run. She'll die before she lets anyone that she loves get hurt." She informs me even though I already am aware of it.

"And that's exactly what I'm counting on." I tell her before walking towards her slowly, bending down to her height.

"You can't leave until I tell you to." I compel her before turning around and leaving the apartment.

Aria PoV

I was sitting in the kitchen of my aunt Jenna's house, whilst she is going to call Stefan about why she has been told to stay away from Alaric. I was desperate to tell her about everything that was going on, but I could not risk her thinking anything bad about me. I know it I selfish but I can't risk losing anymore family because of what I am.

"Hello?" I listen in to the conversation and hear Stefan say as he picks up the phone for Jenna.

"Hey, Stefan. It's Jenna." She replies to him, slightly nervous about why she has been asked to stay away from Alaric.

"Jenna, hey." Stefan replies sounding in a slight rush.

"Where's Elena? And Jeremy? No one's answering their phones." Jenna Asks Stefan feeling confused.

"Ah, Elena's not here at the moment. Is, uh, is everything okay?" Stefan asks her.

"She left me all these weird messages telling me to stay away from Rick. What's going on?" She questions him.

"It's really hard to explain over the phone, but, um, she was hoping that you could stay on campus for a little while longer." He asks her, and I could hear the slight hope in his voice.