more than our anniversary

Warnings: none :)

Hope you enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two years. It’s been two years since you and Chris were officially together. Today, specifically, was the day of your anniversary. 

“Mornin’ beautiful.”

“Hey there.” You both smiled and he kissed you.

“I have something very special planned for us today.”

“Really?” You were really excited to see what the plan for today was. 

“Yeah.” He smiled looking at how happy you were. He loved you like no one else.

“Wait, I have to give you something.”

“Sweetheart, you don’t have to. The best gift I have is you.” Your heart melted as you blushed at his cuteness. You’ve been together for two years and this man can still give you  butterflies in your stomach just like the day you met.

You handed him a regular size sketchbook. You had put pictures of the two of you throughout your relationship and added small messages to accompany the pictures. As Chris opened the sketchbook and saw what was inside, his eyes got all watery and sniffled a bit. 

“This is the best gift I’ve ever had.” Sniff. “I love you so much, Y/n.”

“I love you too, dork.” You kissed him and cuddled for a while.

You had no idea of what Chris planned and boy were you going to love it. At least, that’s what he hoped. Chris was a nervous wreck and really hoped everything would go amazing later on the day.

You and Chris spent the entire day all over each other. Making sure the other knew how much they loved one another. In all honesty, you were sore. But the smile tattooed on both of your faces didn’t leave for one second.

“I suggest you start getting ready for our date, sweetheart.”

“What should I wear though? Something fancy or casual?” Chris didn’t want to tell you where you guys were going or what you were doing.

“Casual but not too casual.”

Welp. “Ok then.” You laughed.

You decided to wear a cropped, white, long sleeved shirt and a pair of black and white checkered pants. You finished your outfit with white sneakers and the necklace Chris gave you on your one year anniversary. The necklace had a thin golden chain and a crystal heart as its pendant.

“Wow.”

You chuckled, “Do I look good?”

“Maybe we can be a little late to the surprise.” He smirked.

Chris walked up to you and hugged you from behind; trailing kisses down your neck while doing so.

You laugh, “Haven’t you had enough of that?”

“I could never have enough of you, baby girl.” His hands were now at your hips.

A soft moan escaped your lips as he continued to kiss your neck. “Chris…”

“Hmm?”

You pulled back from him, “We have time for this later. I really want to see what you planned.”

He smiled and wiggled his eyebrows at the idea of what will happen later when you got back.

“Alright. Let's go then.”

~~~

You drove all the way to a hill. When you stepped out of the car, you felt like crying. Chris had put a huge screen with a projector and a bunch of blankets stretched out on the grass. The entire place was illuminated by fairy lights and you could see a few picnic tables with food. However, what surprised you the most, was seeing all the people there. Both of your families were laying in the blankets and sitting on the picnic tables, waiting for you guys to arrive.

“Chris, what? How did you get my family to come here?”

“I thought it’d be a nice surprise to have them here.” 

You walked ahead of him and started greeting and hugging everyone. Chris checked his pockets for the millionth time throughout the day. Phew, it’s still there. He thought.

He walked to where you were and greeted everyone as well. You couldn’t understand why, but everyone seemed to have watery eyes and you could hear sniffles here and there.

After a while, Chris walked to the projector and started playing ‘Grease’. He knew this was your favorite movie, which is why he chose to play it. 

When it got to the part where Sandy starts singing about how much she loves Danny, the screen went black. You turned to Chris all confused, but he just stared straight ahead to the screen without even flinching. 

Suddenly, a video of you appeared on the screen.

You laughed, “You’re so annoying, Evans!”

You were baking cookies and Chris had come to “help you”. What he actually did was start a food fight with flour and water. Both of you were a mess but you couldn’t stop laughing at each other.

“Even covered with flour, my girl is the most beautiful woman to ever exist.”

“You’re so cheesy.” You laughed.

You chuckled, “Wait, are you recording-”

As that video stopped, pictures of you and Chris together appeared. Videos of you playing and running around the house with Dodger, videos of the two of you cuddling, videos of you stressing out about work and Chris complimenting you, started playing as well. You didn’t even try to hold back the tears that erupted from you.

The videos and pictures stopped and ‘A Thousand Years’ started playing as some words appeared on the screen. Today is more than our anniversary…

Confused, you turn to Chris and he grabs your hands leading you to stand up. As you stood up, he kneeled in front of you, taking out a small velvet box from his pocket. You covered your mouth and more tears flowed out of you.

“Y/n L/n, today is more than our anniversary. Today might be one of the most special days of our lives. Since the day I met you, I couldn’t stop the feeling that took over me whenever I saw you. I was mesmerized by your intelligence, your kindness, your determination, and your big heart. You impressed me every single day before we started dating and after we started dating. You still impress me everyday. Never in my life have I loved someone as much as I love you. Y/n, you're the love of my life. Will you marry me?”

Boy you did not see this coming. You couldn’t stop crying even if you tried. He proposed. The love of your life just proposed to you. The amount of joy you were feeling was indescribable. 

“Yes! Yes, I’ll marry you!”

Chris stood up, tears in his eyes as well, and twirled you around. You kissed and both your families started clapping and cheering. So this is why they were all sniffling!

Chris took the ring and placed it on your finger.

“It’s so beautiful, Chris.”

“Not as beautiful as my fiance.”

You smiled and kissed him once again.

He was right. This was more than just your anniversary. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you enjoyed! Don’t be afraid to request any ideas for imagines! I’ll probably post a requested imagine tomorrow! Remember to vote! Love you guys <3