Chapter 6

"So, you said you were faster than your older brother?" Anakin asked as they were walking back to camp. Right now, they were descending the rocks. "Yeah, why?" she asked. 

Anakin had reached the bottom of the rock wall, and Saasha wasn't too far behind. "Wanna race down the beach to see if you're really as fast as you think," Anakin smirked, crossing his arms. She got a competitive smile on her face as she jumped down the last rock to meet Anakin on the sand.

"You're on! And no using to force to make you faster, I haven't learned that yet." 

"Alright, fine. Ready?" he replied, playfully rolling his eyes while getting into position. "Yep!" she said, already in position. "Ok, 3...2...1...GO!" he shouted. They both took off running down the beach. 

Saasha missed the grains of sand tickling her toes as she would run down the beach with Ashton. 

Anakin was surprised that she was actually winning against him once they were about halfway down the beach, so he decided to use the force anyway to help him get a lead. He started running faster and in larger strides and passed Saasha. 

"Hey, no fair!" she shouted as he sped past her, clearly cheating. Anakin just laughed and kept on running. She ran to the ocean and kicked it at Anakin. It hit him on the back, and he immediately put the brakes on. "What was that?!" he asked, confused. Saasha giggled and ran past him again, as fast as she could. "Ah, so that's how you wanna play," Anakin chuckled and used the force to throw a big puddle on her, and it drenched her. She loved the water and basically grew up in it, so this was nothing new to her. 

She stopped and ran back over to him, "Ok, ok, truce?" she suggested. "Ok fine." he smiled, accepting victory; however, she used this time while he was slightly distracted and force pushed him into the water. Before he hit the water, she took off running and heard a big splash behind her. She giggled again to herself. 

A couple of moments later, she heard footsteps behind her. She was almost at the path that led to their camp; she had to win. She used every ounce of energy she had left to push to the finish line, but Anakin was gaining. 

She was only a couple more meters away from the finish line, so she jumped as far as she could to try to get there first, which she did. She did a couple of summersaults in the sand when she landed, followed by "Whoo Hoo!" as she started to celebrate while sitting in the warm sand. "I let you win," Anakin half whined, half chuckled. "Sure," she said sarcastically. 

They started walking down the path that led to their camp. By the time they got there, they were both still soaking wet and exhausted from their race. Saasha drank some water from her cantine as she plopped down on a log near the fire pit, followed by Anakin. "What happened to you two? It looks like you got hit by a tsunami." Jesse commented. Saasha and Anakin smiled at each other when Anakin said, "Something like that." "How's your arm, kid?" Kix asked her. "It feels a lot better," she said, looking down at her arm still wrapped in bandages. "Can I rewrap it?" he asked. "Sure," she said, starting to undo the bandages on her arm. "It looks a lot better than yesterday," he said, inspecting the wound again. After another round with the disinfectant and bacta, her arm was bandaged up again. 

Saasha shivered as their camp was under a canopy of trees, and she was still soaked. "I am going to dry off on the beach," she said after Kix was finished, and she then vanished down the path. The beach was in the sun, and she liked lying on the beach. 

"So where did you and the kid go?" Rex asked, sitting next to Anakin on the log, replacing the spot where Saasha had sat. "She showed me her village. It had been raided by droids. She was the only survivor." Anakin explained sadly as he thought a kid should never have to go through that.

"Poor kid," Fives said. "So that proves that the Separatists were on Scarif," Hardcase mentioned. "Yes, but we need proof. As much as I believe Saasha, we need to prove they were here." Anakin replied. The clones nodded their heads in understanding. "Why would the Separatists attack Scarif, never mind a tiny village? There had to have been something they wanted. There are much bigger islands with more resources on it." Kix contributed. "I don't know," Anakin replied, giving it some more thought now that he had more pieces to the puzzle. Then he realized what they were after. He had been so focused on that race that he completely forgot why she had shown him her village. Scarif didn't have anything the Separitits needed, and with all the islands, it wasn't convenient to take over. Anakin had heard rumours of the Separatists taking force-sensitive children from more rural planets. It all made sense. 

"They were after Saasha," Anakin whispered. 

Anakin immediately ran to the beach. He ran through the jungle, jumping over trees and dodging vines, his salty hair burning his eyes. 

He reached the beach and called her name until he saw Saasha sleeping in the sun at the side of the beach, he breathed a sigh of relief. She started shifting in the sand, awaking from her slumber. 

"You woke me up," she whined with a smile on her face and shielding her eyes from the sun. "Sorry, but we need to leave, now," Anakin said seriously. "Why?" she asked, sitting up. "Because the droids will be back. They don't stop until they get what they want. They don't give up easily." Saasha furrowed her eyebrows. 

"But they haven't been back in like a week. Why would they come back now."

Just then, in the sky, a ship appeared from hyperspace, a Separatist ship. 

He glanced down at Saasha, giving her the "I told you so" look; however, she never looked at him. She was frozen, eyes fixed on the Separtitists cruiser. Anakin put his wrist to his mouth, "Rex, we have a problem," he said into his commlink.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you know how many war crimes Anakin has committed?😂

(Meme does not belong to me)