15

Mercy - Shawn Mendes

'So the bastard's name is Kouichi

'So the bastard's name is Kouichi...I've heard that name before,' Aizawa said in his head. After a lengthy interrogation, Bakugou talked about your encounter with Kouichi near the pharmacy and how he treated the minor injuries on your hands and knees which Aizawa was thankful for. Bakugou left no detail on how Kouichi came close to doing what he did again. He claimed Kouichi's actions as the act of a villain and struck him in the face, causing a bloody injury. Honestly, Aizawa was proud of Bakugou's compassion and pat the blonde on the shoulder. He mutters 'good job' to the boy and presents a proud smile with no ounce of remorse.

"What are you gonna do with that freak anyway?" Asked Bakugou, his voice laced with anger. He imagined himself blowing the jet black haired boy away with his quirk, sending him flying to the moon that way you'd never see his face again. Other options included him tying Kouichi to a pole and using his body as a training dummy. Or perhaps a punching bag for little Kazuko who could tear the hair off people's heads without a hassle. 

"Now I know the bastard's name the little shit is going to get everything he deserves and more. Along with his friends who were there that night as well," Stated Aizawa, scratching his head. "I knew that name felt familiar," 

"You've met him before?"

"When he was a kid," Aizawa answers. However, the man was unable to continue when he heard the door open. Glancing over his shoulder, he clears his throat, "Let's leave this conversation for another day-"

"Dad-" Interrupting the two was you walking out the front door of Bakugou's home. Holding Kazuko in your arms wrapped in your jacket and nuzzled against the crook of your neck whilst he tugged on your hair. "There's something else that you should know...about what happened today and that night,"

Aizawa is quick to take you by the shoulders gently. As for Bakugou, he stayed by Aizawa's side, watching you frown. Taking a deep breath, you recalled Kouichi's hand flat on your stomach. "Kouichi almost used his quirk on me." 

"His quirk? That asshole has a quirk?" Bakugou spoke abruptly, doing nothing to hide his irritation. You nod your head earning a little squeeze on your shoulders from your father. 

"He calls it arsenal (hehe arse) and it lets him hide things inside his organs so long it's within his weight. I know he has a gun and other weapons hiding in his arms because I've seen them," You explained, giving your father a hint of what your attacker used his quirk for. You pointed to your stomach. "That night, he held a gun to my stomach to keep me down-" 

"That's enough y/n-enough," Aizawa cuts you off, forcing your words to rest. "Thank you for telling me," 

It was clear that your voice was breaking and Aizawa brought your attention to your baby twitching in his sleep. Patting his lower back, Kazuko rubbed his nose on your shoulder before he settles. You mutter an apology. 

"It's getting late. We should head back to the dorms," You breathed out, your red puffy cheeks rubbing against Kazuko's head as your tired eyes fell on your savour. You held Kazu out for your father still holding your shoulders. "Can I talk to Bakugou for a few minutes, I want to thank him for today?"

With a bob of his head, Aizawa accepts his grandson and pulls him into his arms. He gives you a worried look and then tells you. "We need to have a little chat too, young lady. I'll wait in the car, okay?"

Nodding your head, Aizawa turns towards Bakugou. "Thank you once again Bakugou. Take care of yourself and don't forget to keep in contact with the school too,"

"Yeah yeah, I know the rules, old man!" Bakugou huffed tucking his hands deep inside his pockets. With that, Aizawa carries on towards the backseat of his car leaving your side. 

Out of your dad's sight, you ran forward crashing your body into Bakugou's chest. You slither your arms around his middle, startling him. Bakugou froze, hands twitching in his pockets at the sudden closeness and felt the tips of his ears heat up slightly. Soon, he would return your hug when he felt you smiling against his shirt. Carefully wrapping his arms around your back, he rests his chin on top of your head. 

"Thank you for everything you did today-" You mumbled, squeezing him a bit tighter. "Thank you for saving me Bakugou,"

Your eyes were screwed shut, fighting the urge to cry again tears of contentment. Bakugou returns the squeeze rubbing a comforting hand up and down your back. You felt safe in the silence and only the thump of Bakugou's heart pounding in your ear put you at ease. Despite the nippy prick on your skin, Bakugou's body kept your body warm for what felt like hours. Then suddenly Bakugou's relaxed posture suddenly drops when he reminded himself of the words he should've left unspoken. 

"Hey-about the other day. I'm sorry about what I said. If I knew before I wouldn't have said any of that shit," He voiced, sounding somewhat apologetic. You're taken aback by his words since you did forget about what he said. Leaning back, you locked eyes for a moment as a way to recollect your memory. When you recalled that day, you were a tad embarrassed. Then again, you were having a bad day and you took it out on the wrong people. 

"Oh right." You muttered, clearing your throat and smiling. "I forgive you, Bakugou," 

"You're really forgiving me that easily," He questioned, raising a brow.  

"Of course," Nodding your head, you kept eye contact with the blonde. "You said it yourself 'If I knew before'. And to be honest, I forgot all about it back in that alleyway. Also, I shouldn't have treated you or your classmates so poorly after you looked after Kazuko while I was upset. I'm ashamed of myself for acting that way," 

"Your feelings were justified, y/n so you had every right to react the way you did," Bakugou mentions, bringing a small smile to your lips. Hugging him again, you finally stepped away and combed a piece of your hair behind your ear. 

"Goodnight Bakugou. You're my hero," You bid him farewell with a wave of your hand. 

"Huh?" He squeaked, posture stiffing. Turning away in a flash from your claim, he grumbles. "You shouldn't say sappy shit like that," 

i hate this chapter with every fiber of my being