viii

I walked inside with the twins and Lee and avoided a water balloon that someone threw from the air. The twins told me that it was the school's poltergeist Peeves, and that I should try to avoid him as much as I could. I saw Timothee and Clotilde waiting with a group of what I assumed were first years when a woman in emerald green robes approached me. "Miss Archambeau I was looking for you everywhere! The Sorting Ceremony will start briefly so follow me". I waved the twins and Lee goodbye and followed her. She introduced herself as Professor McGonagall, she taught Transfiguration and was the Head of House of Gryffindor. I stood next to my brother and sister as McGonagall explained to the first years about the houses and how our house was our family at school. We followed her and she opened the doors to the Great Hall.

I was completely mesmerized with the view in front of me. The ceiling was bewitched to resemble the night sky, there were floating candles everywhere and there were five large tables. Four of them filled with students and the one in the front with all of the professors and staff. Professor McGonagall instructed us to gather around and said that when she called our names we needed to sit on the stool so that we could be sorted. After the sorting hat had finished its song, Professor McGonagall cleared her throat to gather everyone's attention.

"Timothée Archambeau!" McGonagall said. When he sat down on the stool, I heard giggles from a couple of girls around the tables. "GRYFFINDOR!" The talking hat yelled. The table with the rest of the Gryffindors roared with cheers and applause as my brother made his way to sit down. "Clotilde Archambeau!", a couple of boys wolf whistled at my younger sister but that only boosted her ego. "GRYFFINDOR!" The hat called and once again the table erupted into cheers.

"Madeleine Archambeau!", I made my way to the stool and I felt extremely nervous. I never felt comfortable being the center of attention, Tim and Clo enjoyed that but not me. I always preferred to be on the sidelines, that's why I didn't have many friends backs in Beauxbatons. I sat down on the stool and McGonagall placed the hat on my head. "Interesting very interesting. It's here all in your head. A brilliant mind no doubt, the most ambitious out of your siblings, Slytherin can help you on your way to greatness. Ah! But you want to be with your brother and sister I see. You've known real pain and suffering, it's all here in your head. Then so be it Madeleine, the right house for you is...GRYFFINDOR!" The hat said and a sense of relief washed over my body. The table was cheering loudly and I heard Fred and George whistling and cheering the loudest. I made my way to where the were sitting and sat down.

There a couple of other people introduced themselves. I met the Harry Potter, the twins younger siblings Ginny and Ron and a really sweet boy named Neville. I felt a pair of eyes watching me and my green eyes met the grey ones of the boy I met on the train. He sent me a smile and a wink which made me blush but the only one who noticed was Fred. He nudged at me before whispering in my ear "I thought you didn't date", I chuckled and whispered back in his ear "I don't but that doesn't mean I don't have my fun". He laughed lightly before approaching my ear again "what type of fun?" he asked me. "You don't wanna know".

"I have only two words to say to you," Professor Dumbledore said. "Tuck in". A giant feast appeared out of nowhere on the table. Everyone around began plating mountains of food onto their plates. I looked over to the twins and they were stuffing their faces, I then looked over at my brother and sister who were just as confused as I was. "So you just take anything that you want?" I asked the twins. "Yeah basically" they replied in unison both with their mouths full. It was weird since manners and etiquette was a big deal back in Beauxbatons. I placed the cloth napkin on my lap and served myself some mashed potatoes, chicken and green beans. Even though I loved cooking and baking, ever since I was little I didn't have much of a big appetite unlike my siblings. "Where's the wine?" I asked the twins and they looked at me weirdly. "Wine?" George asked. "Yeah don't you have wine with dinner?" I replied to him as if it was obvious. "Not here Frenchie we have pumpkin juice" he said laughing. 'Can you believe they don't have wine with dinner' I mouthed to Tim who was in front of me. He shook his head chuckling and poured himself a goblet of juice.