CHAPTER 0•15

Endgame

After leaving Tarrlok back in his cell, Dawn finally knew that they had the upper hand on Amon. He had always been a step ahead of them with the arena invasion, the airplane inventions, the mecha-tanks, but this time. This one time, Team Avatar was number one. She felt giddy for the first time in a long time, Mako watching and seeing the extreme difference. He knew that the stress caused in Dawn's life, like Bolin leaving and Asami not talking to her was his fault. But how could he stop and hide what he was feeling. He knew that he possibly loved her.

The girl in front of him was strong, caring, and even beautiful inside and out. She frowned when she felt eyes burning a hole in her back and she turned to see Mako staring at her. She shook her head, not wanting to confront him about it and they continued with heading towards the arena to see Amon and his rally.

The man lifted to the stage, his supporters cheering for him as Dawn rolled his eyes. "He is a fraud." She muttered, Korra nodding her head.

"Just wait until the right time." She told her friend.

"Thank you all for joining me on this historic occasion." Amon said proudly, and everyone cheered again, causing Dawn's ears to ring.

"When I was a boy, a Fire Bender struck down my entire family and left me scarred. That tragic event began my quest to equalize the world." Amon stated and Korra spoke up.

"That's a lie, Amon." Korra stated, pulling off her mask as Mako and Dawn followed. "Or should I call you 'Noatak'?" She asked him, Dawn getting prepared to fight.

"You want her taken out?" One of his followers asked.

"No. Everyone, calm down. We have nothing to fear from the Avatar or the Protecter. Let's hear what they has to say." Amon said, Dawn raising an eyebrow.

"Amon has been lying to you. The spirits didn't give him the power to take people's bending away. He uses blood bending to do it. Amon is a water Bender." Korra pointed to the man while everyone started murmuring around the crowd.

"What is this nonsense?" His follower asked.

"You're desperate, Avatar. Making up stories about me is a pathetic last resort." Amon said while Dawn rolled her eyes.

"We aren't making this up." Dawn announced.

"Your family wasn't killed by a Fire Bender. His father was Yakone, and his brother is councilman Tarrlok." Korra said honestly.

Amon chuckled and didn't move. "An amusing tale. But I will show you the truth." Amon said while he removed his hood. His fingers carefully undid his mask and showed off his scarred face.

Dawn gasped, shaking her head as she glared at him. "That's not possible." She whispered.

"This is what a Fire Bender did to me." Amon pointed towards his face.

"What?" Korra asked, looking to Dawn for some kind of backup.

"The Avatar is lying!" The crowd started to yell out.

"I'm telling you, he's a water Bender." Korra tried to tell the audience as Dawn turned around to see chi-blockers coming their way. "They don't believe me. It didn't work." Korra said sadly.