10

"hey have you heard?" yangyang spoke.

"heard what?" yiren looked up from her phone giving his brother a confused look.

"no way, you didn't know??" he asked looking shock.

" no i didn't, just tell me before i throw you out that window" the girl wasn't really in the mood. she woke up on the wrong side of the bed, not to mention her period just started.

"oh hey lucas!" yangyang shouted at the boy approaching them. the tall boy smiled brightly at the twins.

"hey yang, hey yiren" he greeted. they both noticed how lucas wasn't very as noisy or loud the past months. but he was starting to smile more often.

yiren didn't like to think that it was about their breakup. yangyang on the other hand noticed this weird behavior along with their other friends, but they didn't think that it was because of the girl since lucas was sort of a playboy,  the type who broke hearts, not the one whose heart gets broken.

"yo" yiren mentally cringed, that was the most awkward 'yo' she had ever said. she got a bit nervous seeing the boy's bright smile in a while.

"oh anyway, i was gonna say that m-"

"yiii!!!" yangyang was cut off someone screamed from behind them. they all turned to see who it was. and the girl couldn't believe it.

"mark??"

the boy called mark smiled happily at the girl. then his smile slowly and unnoticeably faded as he spotted lucas beside the girl.

"oh uh, hey lucas and yangyang" he said to the other two.

"why didn't you tell me you were coming??" the girl dragged the black haired boy away from everyone.

"so are you, like back together with lucas?" he asked, not looking straight into the girl's eyes.

"we've talked about this" she sighed.
"and no, we're not back together"

mark's eyes lit up. he didn't make it too obvious though. yiren and mark have been friends since 4th grade, and the boy always had feelings for her.

but he never really confessed. until that one time, when he kissed the girl the night before he left for canada, and well, things got a little bit out of hand.

yiren and lucas were together that time too.

they both promised to forget about it, but mark just couldn't, and neither could yiren. guilt was eating her whole, so she decided to break up with lucas.

_____

yiren was all down and moody the whole day.

she also decided to walk home, alone. she needed some time to think, the girl never really felt that way to mark, although she had experienced those times where you feel attracted toward a friend.

how she will probably never get over the fact that she cheated on lucas, it was the worst thing she's ever done and she will forever regret it for the rest of her life. they both just got caught up in the moment. and they shouldn't have.

"hey liu" a hand landed on her shoulder.
"oh wow you look bad" the boy said as he saw the glum expression on her face.

"uh shut up jung" she removed jaehyun's hand off her shoulder.

the boy scoffed and continued walking with her, side by side.