𝟥𝟩 | 𝖥𝖨𝖱𝖲𝖳 𝖣𝖠𝖸 𝖮𝖴𝖳

"ALL RISE FOR THE HONORABLE JUDGE ADDISON PRENTISS

"ALL RISE FOR THE HONORABLE JUDGE ADDISON PRENTISS." The bailiff speaks. Everyone stands up as the judge comes out. They get started immediately with a basic introduction.

"Three counts of first-degree murder. How do you plea?" Judge Prentiss asks.

Demon clears his throat adjusting the navy blue tie before saying, "Not guilty."

"And I understand that there was a offer for a plea deal?" She looks between the ADA and Gwen. "Twenty-five to life with parole if he pleads guilty to all three murders."

"He would rather take it to trial. My client did not commit these heinous crimes." Gwen tells her. "The people request that he remains in federal custody due to the nature of the murders."

"He has no priors," Gwen says to the judge. "However, he does have a juvenile record. His last incident was when he was sixteen." ADA Robinson tells them.

"You physically assaulted someone to the point where they had to be hospitalized?" Judge Prentiss raises an eyebrow, looking at his record.

"That was three years ago. He's older now and that record is supposed to be sealed." Gwen defends him.

"He's obviously matured from his fists to firearms, your honor." ADA Robinson says. "My witnesses are in protection because they truly fear for their lives. To ensure safety, I would prefer that he remain in federal custody."

All his witnesses would be dead, come sooner or later.

"Any other requests, Mr. Robinson?" Judge Prentiss asks. "I would prefer if the trial was prolonged. This is a traumatic emotional experience for my witnesses and I feel they need more time to mentally prepare for trial."

"I object. My client's life has been disrupted. They are holding him on witness statements and have yet to present me with this so-called evidence that they have. I would like a speedy trial." Gwen tells the judge.

"Mr. Robinson? I also have yet to see the evidence that you have listed in the case file."

"It is currently lost in storage." He attempts to explain. "I agree with you, Ms. Parker." Judge Prentiss starts. "Mr. Dragić will remain in federal custody awaiting trial on January third. The court is adjourned."

$ $ $

January 3rd was about two weeks later. Family and friends of the victims filled the courtroom. "I thought you had multiple witnesses and evidence." Judge Prentiss says.

"Our first witness Mrs. Julia Brown was unfortunately murdered." ADA Robinson speaks. Demon couldn't wait to hear what they did to her. "Our second witness Mr. Walker was also unfortunately murdered along with our third witness, FBI Agent Franklin."