Thank you Kanye, very cool

Finally, the debate was over. Trump rushed towards the back room, ignoring his associates briskly following him behind.

And there he was, standing as handsome as ever. Trump knew it was now or never.

"Biden," he said, trying to maintain as much confidence as possible.

"Trump, the debate is over. I don't want a worse headache." Joe responded curtly.

But Trump wouldn't back down.

"It's important; I need to talk to you one on one," Trump stated, desperate at this point.

Trump saw the hesitance in Biden's face. What made it worse was the clenched grip Jill maintained on Joe's arm. It made him sick. That should be me.

"Fine. Jill, wait here", and with that, the two went towards the room next door for a private conversation.

They were alone. Finally.

"Joe, I have to get something off my chest." Trump gulped

"Well, hurry up. I don't have all day," agitation in his voice.

"I-I like you a lot."

I did it. I finally did it. I've been waiting for this for so long. It feels so good to finally get this off my chest.

"What?"

A heavy and murderous silence filled the room.

"Why would you just confess to me like that? What the hell? And you think I'd feel the same way. You're sick. You're my competitor. My rival. You'd really think it would be deemed acceptable for us to even think of being together."

"I'm only trying to do what is best for us!" Trump cried, his heart already beginning to crack.

"Us, there is no us! There was never an Us. You're deranged! I never asked for this. I never wanted this."

"Looking in your eyes, I feel like I am home." Trump reached out to Joe, desperately trying to show the man that it wasn't some cruel joke. That he really felt this way.

"Just get away from me. Please just stop touching me." Joe exclaimed, sick of the situation.

"I know who you really are. You're always trying to be somebody else. But with you, I realize I'm not alone." He needed Joe to understand his feelings. He needed an ounce of hope that Joe felt the same way. He couldn't take much more.

"Well, you're only scared of me," Biden said, trying to prove that Trump's feelings were misinterpreted.

"I like you even though you never cared for me."His feelings had come out of nowhere, but they still existed. He couldn't push them down even if he tried.

"Why won't you let me be free? I have a wife and kids. I'm happy there." Joe rambled.

It was all true. But could it be he was trying to prove to himself rather than Trump why he couldn't return his feelings?

"Well, you'd never dare to be in a relationship with me." Trump knew the result of his confession. His confidence was disappearing, and he just felt numb.

"Well, you're never listening, you're always insisting!"

"I'm just reminiscing!" Though little Trump still cherished those memories.

"Well, stop reminiscing!"

"Without you, I feel something missing. I just want you here with me. God, can't we just get along?"

"God, won't you leave me alone!"

And with that, the conversation ended. Both stood there, emotionless. Both didn't know how to interpret their feelings.

Trump was shattered. He was numb. He was done. He headed out of the room.

Biden was confused. He had only told the truth, but in the pit of his stomach, there was an emptiness. Something he couldn't explain. But he didn't feel remorse for anything he had said. They were rivals, after all.

That night two men went their separate ways. Two men with totally different views of the world. Two men who seemed to hate each other. Two men who so desperately wanted to share the same heart, even if they didn't know it yet.

(this chapter is sponsored by carona©️)

(Author's Note)

I KNOW THE PLOT IS VERY FAST PACED! I simply want to end the suffering that is this book ASAP. I wanted to add a smut chapter, but my smut writer is too appalled by the situation so you are very welcome. Also, I loved the "Evelyn, Evelyn" dialogue, and I thought it was perfect, so I added it to this chapter