Ch. 56 - Dexter

Roselyn

I watched Logan leave for the last time I would probably see him.

I didn't want him to leave. I wished he would stay but I know he has to fight. I left my bed to go take a shower, putting on a fresh new pair of sweatpants and a big shirt.

A guard came in 3 times. Only to bring breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I tried asking him where my friends were or Marissa was. But he would say that it was best that I didn't know their whereabouts.

Other than that, I spent the whole day alone. I tried passing time by reading one of the books on the shelf, I sketched a little bit, I even took a nap but nothing seemed to ease my fears.

What time was it? I thought to myself. Supposed to be on my dresser was a clock but it was gone.

I forgot I wasn't even in my original room.

'Hows Logan?' I asked my wolf laying on the floor.

Rae rolled her eyes. 'Jerkface is fine. He won't d--what?'

I sat straight up when I felt Rae's confusion. 'Rae whats wrong?'

'I forgot his wolf isn't back yet. I tried to read him but I cant.' She growled stopping trying to push through the barrier.

A loud deep bell tolling noise came out from directly above my room. It was time. The battle would start right now. I stared aimlessly at the brick wall where my window was supposed to be.

I waited to hear anything. The smallest growl or the loudest bomb they had but nothing made a sound. It seemed like it was half-past 6. I didn't know officially if was but it seemed like 30 minutes had passed by.

I pressed my ear to the brick wall but nothing. Maybe this underground chamber was soundproof? Something wasn't sitting right with me, something was wrong.

If there was no attack then that means we were wrong and if we were wrong, Logan would've come down to get me but he didn't.
But if we were right then why couldn't I hear anything from the battle? Feeling off I started pulling on the door handle recklessly.

'Rose. What are you doing?' Rae rushed.

'Somethings wrong I know it.' I said panicking. I ran to grab my chair and threw it at the door thinking it would break it open but I was wrong.

'Rose stop. You need to stop it won't work.' Rae said.

'I have to-'

I was cut off when my ears picked up a strange almost silent sound. I paused from trying to break the door open with the broken chair pieces.

I looked at the metal wall right as I felt the ground tremble with such a force it knocked me off my feet. The huge explosion seemed so close to my bunker that my dresser and table collapsed easily. Dust from the ceiling began falling like snow. I gasped as more explosions came one after the other and this time my room didn't hold.

The metal wall blew open sending me and everything in my room flying to the opposite side. I slammed into the other side of the metal wall, my head breaking the glass of one of the family frames. I fell to the floor and launched on top of me was my entire bed.

Groaning in pain I tried to wiggle out of my predicament but I was trapped behind my dresser and underneath my bed. I heard more bombs dropping but they didn't seem as close as this last one. Nonetheless, they still shook my room and more ceiling pieces fell.

I covered my head as they fell all around me. One nailed my head and the back of my head hit the floor. Blood oozed from my head as my vision became blurry by the second and I felt my one of my legs going numb.