Chapter 47: Kage Summit

"The Kage Summit begins now," Mifune, head of the samurai in the North, said authoritatively as he sat in the middle of the circle table. "I expect each Kage, young or old, to respect each other. Here you are equals." 

Tsunade, who was accompanied by Sasuke Uchiha and Sai, sat on the far left of the table, her golden honey eyes hardened. Samui sat on the far right side of the table with Cee and Darui on either side of her, her eyes cold and calculating as she met Tsunade's gaze. Gaara sat closer to Mifune, Temari and Kankuro standing behind him. 

They were to discuss the threat of the Akatsuki and what they posed to the Shinobi Nations, Kumo being the ones who summoned them. 

"Hokage-dono," Samui began a tad bit harshly. "Are you aware of the damage one of your former shinobi has caused?" Tsunade grimaced at the sudden statement that opened the discussion. 

"I am. Naruto Namikaze was always a flight risk. He's destroyed not only Iwa but Mist as well. I've also become recently aware that he's killed the late Fourth Raikage, you have my condolences." 

"Save them, they aren't needed nor will they help," Samui replied sharply.

"Raikage-dono," Mifune said in a warning tone. Samui nodded reluctantly.

"Naruto Namikaze is confirmed to be working with the Akatsuki, that much was confirmed when he ransacked the Raikage's Office for any details on the whereabouts of Killer Bee, Ay-sama's younger brother who is also the Jinchuuriki of the Eight-Tails." 

"I find this all hard to believe," Gaara began, his usual tone filled with disbelief. "The Naruto Namikaze I knew was a selfless person. He saved me from my own inner darkness. To believe he would do such a thing is. . ." 

"With all due respect, Kazekage-sama," Sasuke butted in, his eyes narrowed and filled with anger. "But Naruto Namikaze no longer exists. He died the moment he found the corpse of his daughter. The person who is in his body is nothing but an emotionless monster." 

"Sakura is dead?" Gaara asked, his teal eyes widening in shock. "I see, that is. . . disappointing to hear. I cherish the memories I've had with her back during the Chunin Exams." A frown arched across his face. Sakura had died? The smiling girl? 

Then no wonder Naruto's spirit was absolutely crushed. 

"Wait," Tsunade began, turning to Samui. "Are you sure it was Naruto Namikaze? The last we saw of him was leaving the village to die. For all we know then it's merely a henge." 

"A henge with a Sharingan and Chakra Chains? I do not appreciate your skepticism, Hokage-dono." Tsunade cursed. 

If Naruto was truly alive then they were doomed. 

"Where is the Eight-Tails Jinchuuriki?" She suddenly asked, earning surprised looks from the Kumo shinobi. "I understand you want to keep him safe, but right now he needs to be heavily guarded. Right now Naruto Namikaze is one of, if not the most powerful man or woman alive. It will not take him long to find the Eight-Tails." 

"What are you suggesting? I already have him in a secure location. . ." Samui trailed off, seeing the fire burning in the Hokage's eyes. 

"I'm suggesting a united front, a Shinobi Alliance against the Akatsuki whom Naruto is working for. We need to work together in order to defeat them and to protect the Eight-Tails from them. I'm not sure what they want to do with all nine Tailed Beasts, but they already have eight of the nine and that's already terrifying to think about." 

"I agree with Hokage-dono," Gaara voiced out. "If Naruto is truly fighting against us then we cannot go about this independently. Almost three and a half years ago he decimated the One-Tails in combat with relative ease, and I doubt he's been slacking within these last few years. He's only gotten stronger."