two

"How about we not make this a habit this year?" Snape suggests as I walk in the classroom. I nod and take a seat in the spot I sat earlier.

Malfoy wasn't here yet thankfully. A few moments of peace.

It was silent for a while until Malfoy barges through the doors, late again, and very loud.

"Ah, Mr. Malfoy, nice of you to join us." Professor Snape says as he motions for him to sit down beside me.

"Beside her?" Malfoy asks, annoyed.

"Yes, Mr. Malfoy. You were late and annoyed me so yes, you need to sit beside her. Especially now that I know you would prefer not to." Professor Snape says as he smirks.

Malfoy throws himself in the chair next to me and grunts. I couldn't help but laugh at him acting like a child.

"What are you laughing at, Potter?" Malfoy spat.

"You're childish." I say to him and roll my eyes.

"Mr. Malfoy and Mrs.Potter, shut up or I'll make sure you miss dinner." Snape shouts to us.

"I'm not hungry anyway." I mumble quiet enough for only Malfoy to hear.

He snorts loudly enough for Snape to hear but he ignores it.

An hour into the detention and neither us or Snape had made a sound. I'm bored out of my mind and just want to leave. I can tell Malfoy's getting restless too. He keeps moving around in his seat and grunting. So fucking annoying.

"Would you mind being quieter?" I whisper aggressively to him.

"What makes you think you can speak to me?" He snaps, pauses for a minute to see if Snape heard and than continued. "Just because Theo sees something in you, doesn't mean I do."

"I don't expect you to." I snap. I'm getting very frustrated with him. He doesn't even know me yet thinks he's above me?

"Good because I could never be friends with a Potter."

"You hate me because you hate my brother but I'm not my brother." I say and move away from him slightly.

"I know you're annoying like your brother." He snaps. "Family trait?"

"Despite what you might think, Malfoy. I don't need your approval." I grunt.

"Then why are you still talking to me?" He smirks.

"Maybe I'm trying to piss you off."

"Well, it's not working." He says.

"Silence." Snape shouts, interrupting our arguing and the two of us snap out of it.

Malfoy turns back to me once Snape goes back to his work, and he rolls his eyes. Always wants to get the last word. I'm not going to let him win. I smirk as I raise my middle finger to him and his face is in utter shock.

I won.
End Of POV

Draco's POV
I can't believe Professor Snape is making me sit beside a Potter. It would definitely be worse if it was her brother but I can't stand either of them. Harry and his hero complex and this girl. I don't know what her deal is but she drives me crazy. Always hanging around us and becoming friends with Theo. Why is she always around?

Professor Snape made us sit there for an hour without speaking and I'm getting bored. I'm getting restless and I want to leave.

Maybe if I start a fight with Potter, I can have some entertainment while stuck here. I start thinking of a way to get on her nerves when she speaks up first.

"Would you mind being quieter?" She whispers to me. Her voice sounds annoyed and tired.

Well this is easier than I thought it would be.

"What makes you think you can speak to me? I snap. I turn my head slightly to see if Snape heard me but he didn't so I continue. "Just because Theo sees something in you, doesn't mean I do."

I saw how she turned to look me right in the eye the second I mention Theo. Ah, I struck a nerve maybe?

She starts arguing back, but she was acting as if I wasn't affecting her.. as if my words didn't matter to her?

Just as things started getting interesting, Professor Snape interrupts.

Fuck off.

Another hour left of this silence and torture. Then dinner, where Potter will be sitting at the table with my friends.

Fuck.
End of POV