three

Maya's POV
"How was detention you two?" Theo asks as Malfoy and I reach the table.

"Long." I snap as I sit down next to Theo.

"It was hell." Malfoy says.

"Don't be late next time." Theo sarcastically says to his friend.

"The detention wouldn't have been half as bad if I wasn't stuck with her." Malfoy says and motions towards me.

"You're lucky it was Maya and not someone else."

"Fuck no. She's annoying as fuck." Malfoy says.

"Says the one that couldn't sit still for more than 5 minutes." I snap.

"I was bored and pissed off that he made me sit beside you." Malfoy answers.

"Maybe if you weren't late to detention too, you could've sat somewhere away from me."

"You probably loved sitting next to me." He declares.

"Right, you're such a joy. Grunting and complaining every few minutes that you're bored."

"Well, your presence is boring." He says.

"You're childish and annoying."

Theo, Blaise and Pansy are just watching us, partly confused as to why we're actually speaking because normally Malfoy would send me insults and I'd ignore them, and partly interested in this argument.

"Why do you always have to be around?" Malfoy asks me.  

I roll my eyes before answering his stupid question that he asks me every single day.

"Because I'm in Slytherin and this is the Slytherin table." I say aggressively.

"Yeah but you could sit anywhere else at this huge table but you sit with us." Malfoy snaps.

"Malfoy shut the fuck up." Theo grunts at his friend.

"Don't worry about it, T. It flatters me that my presence bugs him so much." I say. Theo nudged me and smirks.

"As long as it's not bothering you." Theo says.

"You two are gross." Pansy jumps in.

I ignore her and she leaves me alone for the rest of the dinner. Usually Malfoy never starts fights with me, he just throws comments my way and I ignore them. Why start fighting with me today?

I don't let it bother me that much as I head to bed. Malfoy's always been a pain in the ass, maybe he's just finding new ways to annoy me.

I launch myself into my bed and as soon as my head hits the pillow, I'm out cold.

-

At breakfast the next morning, Malfoy wasn't there and no one seemed to notice except me. I didn't get any rude comments this morning and I was so looking forward to fighting back today. I woke up feeling refreshed and ready to meet Malfoy with the same energy.

Part of me wants to ask where he is but the other part of me doesn't wanna risk it. Pansy is ignoring me and Blaise is focusing on doing the homework he didn't do for potions.