Part 4: Repentance

Hey readers, hope you enjoy! (#Dontquestionthepic)

<Izumi's POV>

6 Years after Izuku was diagnosed quirkless

Waking up from the most restless sleep I've ever had, I walk down stairs to see both mum and dad sleeping on the dining room table surrounded by piles of photo's and papers of Izuku and I growing up. "Mum, dad. Wake up, you've slept on the dining room table." I called out, while slightly shaking the groggy blond.

"Hmm? O-oh, Izumi. Did you sleep well?" Dad said as he begins stretching. "Inko dear, wake up." As mum repeats the same processes.

"I didn't. Besides the thunderstorm, and the one in my would head. I couldn't." Looking down at my feat.

"It's ok princess, we are in the same both with you. Me and your mother have failed as parents." Dad stated, whilst brushing his fingers through my hair.

"Don't say that, you are amazing Dad and parent for me." I looked up at him, as he gives a slight smile.

"Izumi. For every good thing we did for you, we did the opposite for Izuku." Mum said, rubbing her puffy red eyes. Dad pulling me up onto his lap.

"Do you see these photo's of your birthdays from the age of two?" Dad asked, nodding my head. "From four years, he was treated as a side character in your story. For those years, we only have photos of him in the background of your birthday parties. Looking back, it's as if we were celebrating your birth and forgetting his." Showing the pictures of me opening presents while he is just writing on a notebook. Pictures of me blowing out the candle, as he watches me. Pictures of me smiling, while he tries to hide his tears and bandages. 

"Do you think he'll forgive us?" I question as tears begin forming in my eyes.

"We can't decided that. Only he can decide that, and if he does then for certain he won't forget." Mum said, a sombre mood feels the air. "Now onto more troubling matter. Did you know that Izuku was being bullied?" I remain quiet. "Izumi." 

"H-he does get picked on at school for being quirkless and still wanting to be a hero." I stated, trying to look away from her.

"Look at me. Verbally picking on someone is still bullying, and could have led to depressing thoughts and suicide." As she shakes her head in disbelief. "And that's not accounting for the physical damage. When during the day do they get the chance to beat him up?"

"U-uh, during lunch times when I'm with girls in class." Mum slightly weakens her gaze on me. "Aaaand, when I rush home leaving him behind at school." At that, mum's face changes to one of furry.

"Why do you leave your brother and rush home, and while you're act that tell me why you haven't been standing up for Izuku." She questioned in a manner that isn't questioning.

"Because being a hero without a quirk will lead to his death, and I thought that pushing him down would make him stop trying to be a hero. That's why I rush home and train with dad, so that I can be a hero for the both of us." I explained, as she takes a deep breath in while leaning back into her chair.

"You are grounded for 3 months. You will escort your brother back home after school everyday, and the only training you will be doing is studying until they are up to my liking. Understand." Mum commanded, to my annoyance.

"But-." Trying to change the sentence, only for her to cut me off.

"But that's not fair?! Is that what you were about to say?! Tell me, is what happened to Izuku fair?! To having a parents that were blind to the pain and struggling that he had to go through for something he couldn't control, fair?!" As everything begins to rise off the ground in the room. Taking a few breaths it slowly stops, as she calms down. "A heroes job is not to fight the villain. It is to fight unfairness. To help the ones who need it the most. To help the community prosper into a caring environment. So far, Izuku even with the hand dealt to him. He is more of a hero then you would become if you continued down the path you are heading."

"That is true. However, villainy is still apart of being a hero." Dad joining me the best he can.

"I know. And if I have to go to his fu-funeral." Mum spoke as she begins to tear up. "I'll do the same thing for the both of you. Smile knowing that you did what you were most passionate about." Making the biggest smile she can, all while tears flow harder down her face.

Both dad and I got up and pulled her into a hug. "I'm sorry mum. I'll follow your punishment." I softly announced.

"I do forget that how it feels to be grounded, and for that I'm sorry sweetie." Dad pulling her into a kiss, as he wipes the tears off her face.

"It's ok. Don't get me wrong, Izumi. I'll always encourage you and Izuku to go into an other profession, but I know forcing something onto a person will never work in the long run." Looking into my eyes. "Now, do you know what the time it is?" Everyone slightly chuckles, with mum stopping and getting up. Walking over to door frame, she kneels down. "I finally noticed you." At that, Izuku jumps out and gives her a hug while crying. "Come on, you have years of bottled up emotions that you need to let out." As she tightens the embrace with him.

I was about to walk over to join them, only for dad to stop me. "To repair Izuku's broken trust, we must repent in our own for him alone."

Thanks for reading and peace!