seven

Maya's POV
"Malfoy, we heard you and Pansy got into a little fight with the Potter girl." Blaise says when we reach the table and sit down.

"No, Pansy got in an argument with her. I had nothing to do with it." Malfoy says as he sits down across from Theo and I.

"She said Potter basically confirmed the theory." Blaise says quietly.

"And you believe Pansy?" Theo snaps.

"Well yeah." Blaise says.

"She didn't admit it." Malfoy says. Theo and I look at Malfoy in shock.

"What?" Blaise asks, setting his cup down on the table and studying Malfoy closely.

"Are you fucking deaf?" Malfoy snaps. "She didn't admit it. Pansy made that up."

"Did something happen in detention?" Theo asks.

"Nope." I say, not looking at any of them. What the fuck is happening?

"Look, you all are so fucking dumb if you believe Pansy. You know she lies all the fucking time." Malfoy says as he picks up a dinner roll.

"As I've said a hundred fucking times." Theo says.

"Can we stop talking about this?" I ask.

"But you aren't spying on us, are you?" Blaise asks.

"No."

"How do we know you aren't just lying?" Blaise asks again.

"You don't." I say.

"I don't know how to trust you, Potter." Blaise admits.

I roll my eyes and Theo nudges my arm.

"I trust you." he whispers to me and I smile.

"I know."

He kisses me on the top of my head and I look over to Malfoy after. He's glaring at us.

"What is your fucking problem now Malfoy?" I snap. I've had enough of him today. He's so fucking bipolar. A bunch of people turned to see what was happening because not many people would ever speak to Malfoy like that.

"You two just confuse me, that's all." Malfoy says with a smirk.

"She's my best friend." Theo says.

"Yes but you kiss her forehead and constantly hug her. Isn't that relationship things?"

"I guess but it can be friend things too."

"Right." Malfoy says and goes back to eating his food.

"He doesn't understand and I wouldn't expect him too." I say to Theo.

"Maya-" Theo warns but i've had enough of Malfoy and his judgement.

"Shut it. I wouldn't expect him to understand how to treat real friends." I continue.

"Fuck you." Malfoy snaps as he stands up. "Fuck- fuck you." and he leaves the great hall. He's such a baby.

"Where is he going now?" I ask, half caring half curious.

"Probably the room-" Theo was about to say when Blaise cut him off.

"None of your fucking business."

"Holy shit, you go from zero to a hundred real fast." I say to Blaise and roll my eyes.

"I'm going to bed." I say to everyone at the table and leave the great hall too.

"Maya, you good?" Theo asks.

"Mhm. I just want to go to bed." I say to him before leaving.

I'm not fully sure why i'm leaving. I'm not tired. I'm not tired in the way that I need sleep. I'm tired in the way that only one person in the world truly cares about me and everyone else doesn't trust me. Not even my own family.

I begin walking down the hallway, deep in thought.

"Ah, Miss Potter. It's nice to meet you." Sirius says to me. He's met my brother before but until now, I've never met him.

"Yes, it's nice to meet you too." I say to the man who my brother thinks of as a father figure.

"You're Slytherin?" he asks, looking at me in my school robes. Green and Black.

"Yes." I say to him.

"As was most of my family." Sirius says to me and nods.

"Really?" I ask him. "All of my family is Gryffinfor."

"I know. Your father was my best friend and your mother was an amazing women." Sirius Black says.

"I wish I knew them as you did." I say to this stranger standing in front of me.

"I know but they would be proud of you." Serius says to me.

"Even if i'm not Gryffindor?" I ask.

"As long as you are a good person, it doesn't matter what house you are in."

"My brother doesn't believe that." I say.

"I'm sure that's not true." Black says.

"it is." I nod.

"Hey watch where you're fucking going?" I hear a voice call out and it snaps me out of the memory I was reliving. "Potter, should have known."

Malfoy.

"Are you following me Potter?" he asks.

"No, why the fuck would I follow you?" I snap.

"What were you just thinking about?"

"Nothing."

"Just tell me." he says, stepping closer to me.

"I was thinking about how when I met Sirius Black, he looked at me as if I wasn't- as if I was just me."

"And how do other people look at you?" Malfoy asks.

"Like i'm a monster. Like I can't be trusted."

He doesn't speak but steps closer to me. I step back but that just put me against the wall as he continued to walk closer to me.

"What are you doing?" I ask as he puts his arms on either side of my body and leans his head down so it's right in front of mine.

"Listen to me carefully when I say this to you." he whispers. His face is right in front of mine now, basically touching. "You are not a monster." he says quietly and carefully.

I'm drowning in his scent, mint and the cologne.

He leans closer to my face so that our foreheads are touching. I let out a single and deep breathe before Malfoy attaches our lips together.

He's kissing me...?

After everything he's ever said to me, he's kissing me?

I don't do anything for a moment... confused and weirded out but then I give in and kiss back. I can't tell you why I've decided to kiss back, maybe because it's more awkward to not kiss him back than to kiss him back. I wrap my around around his neck and he pulls me closer. Kissing harder.