meagre

meagre
/ˈmiːɡə/
adjective: meagre; adjective: meager
(of something provided or available) lacking in quantity or quality.

meagre/ˈmiːɡə/adjective: meagre; adjective: meager(of something provided or available) lacking in quantity or quality

Glendale , AZ
Friday February 21st
Soraya Legacy Valentine | Binkie

"So like where does Binkie come from?" Cheyenne and Soraya were currently in a nice restaurant up town, getting to know each other better over some food.

As soon as Soraya had gotten off work Cheyenne picked her up, she done her friends hair in a nice orange ombre frontal requested by Soraya herself and then went to a steakhouse and wine bar to eat par Cheyenne's orders.

Soraya shrugged dipping a fry in her ketchup sauce, Soraya adored ketchup with all her heart same with tomatoes. "I don't know honestly, I think it started off as blinks because when I was like a senior I'd wear lashes and stuff after I learned to 'let my insecurities' go but that only made them grow. People start making fun of me and shit calling me blinks and whatever, then this new girl - not the friend - made them back off and she was like blinks is a nice name but i prefer Binkie. Think it had something to do with kinky, I don't know." Soraya rambled on shrugging, not even noticing how much she was talking — Cheyenne brought that side out of her, the side that speaks on endlessly and speaks their mind freely.

A small smile tugged at the corner of Cheyenne's lips, "People used to call me chi-cha. I did track and what not, I was super fast." Soraya pursed her lips.

"So they called you chi-cha?" Soraya found it lowkey hilarious and nearly toppled over laughing, but didn't want to embarrass herself.

"Yeah chi-cha, they'd be like 'that's chi-cha' 'oh my god chi-cha's there' 'chi-cha sit with us' 'chi-cha come over here'!" Soraya let loose and wiled out laughing finding it hysterical.

"That is so stupid, the stupidest thing I've ever heard - oh lord." Soraya composed herself breathing out still laughing slightly and moving a strand of hair out of her face. Cheyenne simply smiled to herself.

"Do you want me to do your nails tomorrow? I noticed you don't ever have them done." Her observation caused Soraya to look down at her nails, she rarely got them done due to finding no need to, "I will - I want to so I will." Cheyenne nodded to herself, "Short or long?"

"I don't like long, I don't want long." Soraya drifted her eyes away from her shiny nails and finished off her fries. She ordered a medium rare steak with a side of vegetables and fries.

"I'll do a cute little freestyle, is Jalen still at his grandparents?" Yes, Soraya had confided in her friend about Jalen. No, surprisingly enough, she wasn't regretting it.

"Yeah I picked him up a couple days ago, but they asked for him back for a week. I said he can stay for a couple more days, I'm getting him tomorrow."

"How come you're so okay with letting them have him?" Soraya shrugged.

"That's his biological grandparents, I'm just the caretaker. Anyways he seems to be having fun and I'm not all that ebullient anyways." Now that Cheyenne had mentioned Soraya's nails her eyes were fixated on them, no matter how much she tried to divert her attention away.

"Are you okay, Ray?" Soraya nodded stiffly before picking up her fork and beginning to finish the last few bites of her steak. Cheyenne on the other hand ordered some sweet potato fries with a portobello mushroom burger, unexpectedly Soraya found out her new friend was also vegetarian however had no problem being surrounded by meat - she'd been vegan for 5 years and had gotten used to it all.

"I'm fine." Soraya muttered lowly and Cheyenne held back a sigh.

"Are you like obsessed with having natural nails? Or do you not like anyone touching them? You're acting off ever since I said I was going to do them." Cheyenne wasn't going to call her out on it but she didn't want there to be a lack of communication between the girls, "you can't just ignore me, friends talk to each other about stuff." Soraya stiffened which didn't go unnoticed by Cheyenne.

"Look i get you're used to all this but you told me you don't want me treading windmills around you and I told you I wouldn't so I'm not going to. I won't treat you like a fragile piece of broken glass." Cheyenne continued, "If there's something wrong speak up." She continued and that was it for Soraya. She grabbed her purse and took a couple hundred bills out.

"Pay for the meal." She mumbled standing up and storming out the restaurant.

Cheyenne sighed sitting back in the booth running a hand down her face, ske kissed her teeth and massaged her skull.

"Well well well," Cheyenne sucked in a breathe distinguishing the holder of the voice immediately, "fancy seeing you 'ere 'ay, baby sista." Their sibling giggled at herself running a manicured finger down the side of her sister's face.

She pulled away instantaneously, fear replacing the warm blood inside her veins.