Ch 82 - Swapped

Tony and Pepper had a child. It was a girl, Morgan. She passed away hours after birth leaving Tony and Pepper in a never ending despair. Both became workaholics and Tony even started drinking but later on quitted.

16 years later

"WHAT!!!" Tony exclaimed. "What happened?" The team asked. "W.. Where's Pepper? PEPPER". Tony yelled. "Jeez what happened?" Pepper asked coming out of their room in a comfy outfit.

"T.. The hospital called". Tony said. "Why?" Steve asked. "Th... The one where M... Morgan was born". Tony said. "Tony what are you saying". Pepper asked. "The... They are saying they swapped the babies by mistakes". Tony said.

The world seemed to be swinging for Pepper. She stumbled down on the couch. "Th... Then where is our baby? Alive?" Pepper asked. "They.. They are searching for him". Tony said. "Him? It's a boy?" Pepper asked tearing up.

Tony nodded. "I.. I can't believe it." Pepper said. Tony sat down beside her pulling her into a hug. "Me either honey". Tony said.

The next day

The manager of the hospital came himself for the update on the news. "So as we said we are really sorry for the swapping of the kids". He said remorse visible on his face. "How are we gonna explain it to his parents". Tony asked.

The atmosphere turned awkward. "Well you see.. He's currently living in an orphanage". He said. "What? But he's not an orphan both his parents are alive". Pepper exclaimed. "But the one thought to be his died as well in a plane crash, he moved in with his Uncle and Aunt but the Uncle got shot during a robbery when he was 13 and Aunt died when he was 14".He said.

The Avengers had a sad look on their face. "He's so young and gone through so much even though he shouldn't have". Pepper said tears slipping down her cheeks. Tony held his tears back and rubbed Pepper's back. "So how are you gonna you know bring him?" Tony asked.

"Well we could directly talk to him and tell him everything or you could adopt him and then reveal it to him. I'm here just to tell you the address". Manager said. "Thank You". Tony said. "It's the least we could do after what out hospital's mistake caused both families to suffer". Manager said taking his leave.

"So what are you gonna do?" Pepper asked. "We'll decide later let's just go meet him for now". Tony said walking out. Pepper followed leaving the Avengers to talk about their matters.

They parked outside the orphanage. They entered the building and we're greeted by an elderly lady who looked nice. "Hello. May I know why you are here?" She asked.
"Ah we are looking for adoption". Tony said. "Hmm is that so? What age?" She asked. "Ah may we see all the kid's report?" Pepper asked.

"Of course". She said leading them in her office. She took out all the kids data. "Here’s the list". She said passing the bundle. They went through everyone searching for 'Peter Parker' as the Manager said his name was. Then they came across his data.

"I'm back Mrs. Elderwood". Someone yelled from outside. "All right Peter. Wash your hands and go have lunch". She said. Tony and Pepper immediately jerked their head on the mention of Peter. "Ah this kid. He seems nice". Tony said passing Peter's data.

"I mean he's 17 and he'll be out of here next year. You sure?" She asked. They immediately nodded. "Ah we'd like to meet him before proceeding". Pepper said. "Peter" Mrs. Elderwood yelled but one little girl stumbled in the room. "He went in his room after eating lunch". She said.

She walked with Tony and Pepper to the stairs. "His room his the last one on the left at the end of corridor. I'm too old to climb these stairs". She said. Tony and Pepper nodded understandingly. They climbed up the stairs and knocked at the door.

No response then they slowly opened the door to see the boy with his back toward them, headphones on doing study while moving with he rhythm. Pepper slowly touched his shoulder. He jerked back immediately on his guard.

"Ah yes?" He asked at ease. Then they got a look at his features. Curly brown hair, brown doe eyes. "Ah yes we are hoping to adopt you." Tony said. "Ah Mr. Stark I mean like there are young kids which require affection more than me who will be on his own from next year". Peter said.

Pepper smiled at him and ruffled his hair without knowing it. Peter froze and stared at her but what he didn't understand that the touch of her hand made him melt. "We have no problem with age. We read your file. You require just as much love as they do if not more". Tony said.

Peter was taken aback by his response. "I.. I don't know. You are the power couple, billionaire, smart and I'm just a nobody". Peter said fiddling with his finger. Tony peeked over his shoulder. "Advanced Math I don't think it's High School level". Tony said.

Peter rubbed his neck nervously. "Ah I'm practicing it. It's college level you know will come in use when applying for college". Peter said. "See don't shorten yourself you're smart too for a 17 year old". Tony said. Peter looked at them for sometime considering the offer.

"I think I would appreciate being adopted". Peter said. Tony and Pepper immediately brightened up and pulled him in for a group hug. Peter was too shocked that two of the most people on the planer were hugging him to hug them back.

Tony and Pepper let the tears fall as they hugged their child after years of despair where they thought he had died. "Are you alright?" Peter asked noticing the trembling of both of them. They brushed the tears off and pulled back. "Of course. We'll start the procedure and you'll be in your new home in about a month". Tony said.

Peter nodded smiling politely and both of them took their leave.

___

So this is a new start. We are close to 100 chapters and 10K read. I'm speechless.
This story will progress slowly and in more detail. Spider-Man in action in the next chapter. 🕷️🕷️🕷️🕷️