November 19, 2020 - Day 4: Putting Your Design Skills into Practice

With Canva x Wattpad Design Week drawing to a close, it's time to put your skills to the test! What have you learned this week and how can you apply it? Check out the following prompts and challenge yourself to some graphic design practice.

Design a cover for a fictional story titled The One That Got Away by Darcy Venture, in your favorite genre. Use the tips and tricks you've learned this week and show us your skills. To refresh your memory, check out these resources. If you're using Canva cover templates, remember to put your own unique spin on it.

Create a Wattpad profile header that clearly showcases what you stand for and what your author brand is all about.

Create a social media post promoting one of your stories. Be sure to highlight what makes it unique and why people should read it!

We'd love to see all of your creations, so be sure to tag @Wattpad and use the hashtag #CanvaDesignWeek 

We've also picked 10 Stars to put their cover design skills to the test, by going head to head on our Cover off Challenge. Here's a sneak peek but head on over to Twitter to see all of their creations and to vote for your favorites! 

Which of these covers for the adult romance "The Office Affair" do you enjoy the most? @ClarissaNorth_ or @lydiahephzibah? #CanvaXWattpadDesignWeek

Which of these covers for the contemporary YA story "That Summer Air" do you enjoy the most? @Olivaughn or @Saintc___? #CanvaXWattpadDesignWeek

Check in with us tomorrow for the last day of Canva x Wattpad Design Week, where you can ask a Canva Design Expert all your burning design questions!

Have fun!

- Wattpad HQ