52

Chapter 52 – Little Yu-Er

The battle had ended. The sky was dark and the snow fell heavily, quickly burying the bloodstains and corpses that littered the ground. The world had become a vast expanse of whiteness, as though the sounds of battle that had shaken the heavens had never happened.

Teams of low-level cultivators now started cleaning up the battlefield. Chu Yu ordered one of the Chu family’s disciples to check their number. When he confirmed that there was no one missing, Chu Yu felt a deep sense of relief.

Thank you for reading the novel at bcnovels 𝒹❁𝓉 𝒸♡𝓂

Fortunately, they had been far enough away from the main battlefield so only Xie Xi knew that Chu Yu had been attacked. Chu Yu was afraid that Xie Xi would run off to the demonic cultivator’s camp if Chu Yu didn’t pay attention to him so he spoke softly to Xie Xi to reassure him again.

Back at the Chu family camp, Chu Yu spotted Chu Sheng standing in front of the entrance holding an umbrella.

Had he been waiting here all this time?

Chu Yu almost fell down in shock. He quickly walked over and said: “Big brother!”

Chu Sheng’s eyes lit up: “Little brother, are you okay? What happened? Did you get injured anywhere? Were you scared?”

The barrage of questions made Chu Yu a little dizzy but he braced himself and, one by one, patiently replied to each inquiry.

Chu Sheng was slightly relieved at this. Then after grabbing Chu Yu and taking him to his room, Chu Sheng began a lengthy scolding. Although Chu Yu was willing to listen to Chu Sheng’s instructions, he really couldn’t bear this extremely long and detailed speech right now. Chu Yu massaged his forehead and deliberately allowed his fatigue to show.

Chu Sheng had been watching Chu Yu’s every move. Seeing that Chu Yu looked tired, Chu Sheng shut up and let Chu Yu go to his room to rest.

Chu Yu returned to his room and was surprised to see Xie Xi leaning against his bed.

Earlier, Xie Xi’s eyes had been red with fury as though he was ready to murder someone with his sword but he seemed calmer now. Chu Yu went over to him, smiling: “You’ve calmed down?”

Xie Xi lips thinned. Silently he embraced Chu Yu, trembling: “… Shixiong, I almost thought… I’m going crazy again…”

If Chu Yu was killed in front of his eyes…

Xie Xi couldn’t imagine it.

Chu Yu silently pulled Xie Xi close to his chest and caressed his back. He hadn’t expected Wei Ciyin to smile and say he was acting in good faith in one second and then attack him the next second to show his “good faith.”

Besides, Wei Ciyin apparently needed Chu Yu’s help so Chu Yu hadn’t thought that Wei Ciyin would suddenly launch a sneak attack.