Chapter 26

Chapter 26

"You'll be trained with the witches for the next few months and when the right time comes, we will leave you in the wild and let you do everything that you need to do—like killing werewolves." Gretel said, her hands locked behind her back. "And, only then, you'll have your child back."

"I met your son," I blurted. "And he seems rather nice compared to his wicked, witchy mother." Words of anger poured out of me and then, a rush of panic welled up in my throat after I realized what I had said.

Her rough hand was against my cheek, she split the silence in half by slapping me. "Don't you dare talk about me like that." She grabbed my face and forced me to look at her. "I'm your queen and you'll respect me,"

"You're not my queen," I said, gritting my teeth together.

Her nails pierced into my cheeks as she tugged harder, "Yes, I am."

"I want my child back,"

"Mark my word, you'll never get her back." She promised, pushing my head back against the bed and walking out. "Oh, I've a surprise for you." When she opened the door, Charlotte walked inside, rather happy and smily as she approached me.

No.

Not again.

Her existence startled me. My brows leaned in together and I begged Gretel to not leave me alone with Charlotte. The last time that happened, she almost killed my baby.

"I'll be outside. Let me know when you're done with talking," Gretel gave a wink to Charlotte before locking the door and leaving.

"Well, well, well, it has been a long time, hasn't it?" Charlotte asked, plucking a grape out of the bunch and chewing on it.

Damon was nice enough to get me food before his mother arrived and I was thankful for that.

"Why are you here?" I asked, my head slightly moving. "Why are you with her? She's wicked, and she wants Luciano dead, don't you care about him?"

"Well, I do." She replied, folding her legs across the other one. "And, you're no less wicked than her so let's not go there, Red."

It made sense. Gretel was gone to get Charlotte from wherever she was send off too. It had been months since I last saw her or her father. I never thought that I would've to see her again after our last encounter. Gretel bought her here so she could piss me off.

"Why are you here, Charlotte?"

She shrugged, biting in another grape, "No reason. I'm going back to the castle in a few days as Luciano called me. And, while I'm there, I'm going to steal him away from you." As she finished talking, she threw a seed at my direction and I turned my head away, my fists clenching together.

"Luciano loves me. You can't steal him away from me," I said, softly.

Charlotte chuckled at my response, "I can try at least. He loved me for three years, Red, igniting that flame again with a little bit of puppy eyes won't be difficult."

"He won't," I said with disgust. "He won't ever love you," I was firm with my words. Everything could wrong but Luciano wouldn't ever stop loving me. Our bond was too strong, we couldn't be separated.

"Watch me. While you're here being trained, I'm going to be at the castle, making love with Luciano and it's going to be amazing." She stood up and slapped her hands together, getting the dirt off.

Anger tumbled out of me and I launched at her, sliding my nails into her neck. She grabbed my throat and pushed me on the ground. I tried to do a spell but it didn't work. My magic wasn't back.

"Poor, Red. No magic, no power, no Luciano, nothing at all." She said, ticking her tongue against her mouth. She bent down at me and continued. "Goodbye. I hope never to see you again."

Charlotte grinned at me before knocking on the front door and leaving. Gretel walked back inside, squealing with excitement. She grabbed my elbow and got me off the ground.

"Now, should we get the training started or will you weep for your child and your husband for the rest of your life?" she asked me.

I supposed I had no choice left. Charlotte just threatened me, my newborn child was with my worse enemy and there was nothing on my side.

I had to do with Gretel wanted me to do.

I had to be trained to kill werewolves.

It was the only way left to return to my normal life, to have my child back.

My breathing hitched and I replied, "Yes,"

"Wonderful! We will get you started then,"

The initial part of the training was to practice awful magic that would kill werewolves. I had already killed werewolves and it made easier for Gretel to train me and turn me into a monster. But, there was a slight problem—I needed enough power to kill packs and I needed to keep myself stable.

When the first day passed by, I was returned to the bedroom with a broken pair of ribs and cuts all around my skin. It was the part of the training. Gretel wanted me to be stronger than any other witch. She wanted me to fight them as well so no one could kill me.

"Ouch, that looks horrible." Lisa said, patching up my leg. The other witches showed no mercy, they used magic against me and while I tried to fight back, I didn't have enough power, not yet. "But, you will heal so it's all right." She tried to assure me but I couldn't stop feeling miserable.

My chest rose and dropped as I laid flat on the bed, looking beyond the curtains at the full moon that hung on the sky with ease. Was this how it was going to be forever?

"Lisa," I breathed, calling her out. "You should go,"

"No, I will stay with you for the night." She said, pressing my hand and assuring that everything would be fine but nothing was, it won't ever be.

My face tightened with a mix of anger and sadness as I looked at her, "I don't want to drag you in this,"

"You're not, I'm already here."

I shook my head, "No," I stated. "When Gretel turns me into a monster without any emotions, I want to be far, far away from you."

Lisa paused for a second, "She won't do that,"

"I know she will—that's her intention. She doesn't wants me to feel anything for anyone, she wants me to be emotionless so she can control me like a puppet on a string."

"No, I will keep you sane, you will be nothing like she wants you to be." She pressed harder on my head and whispered, concern all over her face.

"I will be,"

Read the full book on patreon; www.patreon.com/miakerr