Chapter 29 - Emma

"So..." Yeah, I really didn't know how to start this conversation. Luckily, Mateo came to my rescue.

"We know you might have a lot of questions and stipulations. How about we start with what you're worrying about when it comes to this possible arrangement and go from there?"

Damn, I liked this man.

"Sure, sounds good. So, firstly, how will this all work if I accept? How will you guys s-share me?" I stumbled over the word 'share,' but it didn't look like they minded the fact that I was totally new to this. Hell, most women would be new to this.

Mateo gave Callan a look, which I couldn't interpret.

"You will be ours until either you find your dom, or we find our slave. That is something we've already covered. What that means is that we will share you between us three. We'll dominate you as a group, but also one on one. Not everything that happens will be with all of us together. One of the reasons we wanted to share someone is because we have demanding jobs and won't always be available. But, if two of us are busy with work, another will be free," Callan explained.

This conversation was so bizarre, and definitely one I never thought I would ever have with anyone.

"Not every type of relationship between a dom and a sub is the same as the next. They all have different rules, routines, and arrangements, just like we would have if we decided to do this. We know what we're after, but we don't know what you want," he continued.

That made sense, but... "What do you guys want in this arrangement, aside from sharing me?"

"For starters, we would want you to live with u—"

I cut Callan off, shaking my head. "No way, that's not happening. What happens to me after we're through? I won't lose my apartment over this."

"What if we pay your rent?" Mateo suggested.

"Nope, I won't be paid like a prostitute—"

"Gorgeous, you would never be a prostitute‚" he tried to say, but I wouldn't have none of that.

"I would feel like one. What if... what if we compromised?" I proposed. This was all theoretical, of course. I hadn't decided anything...

"How do you suggest we do that?" Callan inquired, but before I could answer, two people came in with our food.

God, it smelled heavenly. I was momentarily sidetracked as I thanked the server and went in for a bite and moaned at the taste. I could see why Zaveri had not one, but two Michelin stars; this was freaking delicious.

I froze as I looked up, suddenly noticing the attention I'd gotten from the guys. Their gaze were fixed on my lips.

Clearing my throat, I answered the question Callan asked moments ago. "Four nights a week, one for each of you and one for the group. I'll get three nights in my own apartment." Wait—what the hell was I saying? This was utterly absurd, but somehow, I found myself caring less as I took another bite of the steak and felt their eyes on me.

"That could work, right guys?" Mateo agreed at once, looking hopeful.

"We get to choose which days you're with us, and it can change from week to week," Callan demanded, not even asking. I guess I now knew why he was a successful business owner; he took what he wanted.

I found myself nodding, "I could get behind that."

"Anything else, Bella?" Callan took a bite of his own steak, and fuck, it shouldn't have made me turned on, but it did. The way his jaw tightened as he chewed, and his Adam's apple moving up and down when he swallowed was almost hypnotic. Callan smirked, looking at me knowingly. Oh shit, he'd asked me something.

"Lots," I finally answered. "I will continue working and go to school."

"You don't need to, you know that, right? We can support you," Mateo assured me.

"Non-negotiable," I told them. "You chose the wrong woman if you think I'll hand all the reins into your hands."

"Fine," Callan conceded, but he didn't look pleased. Too bad, I wasn't giving up everything for them. If this would even happen, I needed to have both jobs and the apartment when it all ended. I wouldn't intentionally put myself between a rock and a hard place, and that was what I would do if I let them support me, because this thing between us would end at some point.

"Anything else?" Callan sipped his drink, waiting for my demands.

"Let's be clear, you will not treat me as a slave under any circumstances. You will not control my life outside of a sub/dom relationship. I can choose my friends and what I want to do in those three days of mine when I'm not in your apartment." That was a line I wouldn't let them cross. If they ever did that... I was out.

"Of course," Mateo said quickly like he didn't even have to think about it. It made sense since we were all talking about me being a sub and not a slave. I just wanted to make sure they knew that.

Gideon had kept quiet through this whole ordeal, and I couldn't take it any longer. I needed to know what he thought of this.

"Aren't you going to say something?" I challenged Gideon. I wouldn't say yes to anything until I knew for sure we were all on the same page.

"I agree with them," he whispered, his voice deliciously gruff. Damn, his voice was so sexy I could come from that sound alone.

Suppressing a shudder, I nodded, accepting his few words.

"Was there something more you wanted to discuss, Gorgeous?" Mateo asked as we finished up our meal.

I was sure there were quite a few things I wanted to clear up, but I couldn't remember what. Ugh, I should've written a list like I'd thought of, guaranteeing I didn't forget anything.

Being in the same room with these hot-as-sin men for an extended amount of time was dizzying. It felt like my mind was at war with itself. I was too indecisive, or rather, I was afraid of how much I actually wanted this.

Should I really take a chance on something so unconventional? I think a part of me had already decided; I just wasn't ready to admit it.