7.

'Cause we're about to be legends,

Gonna grab their attention'

*

The drive is silent with just the slight hum of the radio filling the car. I can hear the faint sounds of Led Zepplin playing, and Harry is tapping his fingers to it on the wheel. The car seats are heated, another example of his wealth. If anything, it's making me tired. We've been driving for nearly an hour now, and I can tell that we're probably in Kent considering the direction he went in. I still wasn't sure where we were headed, he had barely spoken two words to me since he picked me up from work.

The minute Cathy saw him waiting outside she pulled me into the back room and questioned me until I ran away. What she doesn't know won't hurt her, if anything it will protect her. There's an irony to a jeweller working alongside a thief. He's stealing the exact things I'm there to shield. Whatever moral compass I had went out the window the minute I stepped inside this car.

The car is beginning to slow as we approach a country lane. We seem to be in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by farmland. There are a few cattle scattered around, some sheep too, but the area is completely devoid of human life. He could kill me right now and no one would know. That's a reassuring thought to have while I'm stuck inside a moving vehicle with him. If it wasn't criminal activity, I'd find this drive quite peaceful.

I start to see a building in the distance, the only one for miles. As we approach, I realise it's a warehouse, and Harry is pulling in. The building is grey, all windows blacked out form the inside. It stands out against the scenery around us, somewhat ruining it. It stands tall against the trees around it, probably a few stories inside.

Harry pulls up right outside an entrance, getting out of the car while I stare up at it from the window. He opens the door on my side without hesitation, holding his hand out for me. I decline it, standing on my own. I'm not here for his empty flirtations.

'Alright then,' he smirks, coming to stand next to me. 'Welcome to the adventure, Atlas.'

Harry walks ahead, pushing through the heavy steel door. The minute he opens it, I'm met with commotion. People are drilling in one corner, working on a frame of sorts, on the other end of the room are some stood around maps, at the far end is someone with a large magnifying glass, inspecting some jewels.

It's chaos. Everyone is busy, no one taking notice of Harry and I. I'm stood in my spot, gawking at the bedlam surrounding me. All of these people are involved in whatever crime ring Harry is operating. When he said he had a team, this wasn't what I expected. There had to be around 20 people in here.

As expected, there are a few other floors to this building, but the centre of them remains open so whoever stands up top can look down at the action. I look up, my mouth agape as I take in the setting. I can feel Harry's eyes on me, inspecting my reaction, but I have no words. I try to focus my attention on one thing at a time.

The frame that the group of working on seems to be a box of sorts, but it's nowhere near finished so I can't be sure. There's around 5 or 6 people working on it, drilling away to get it to stand. They seem to be using steel to build it. One of the men turns to us, waving at Harry. I see him nod out the corner of my eye. He gets up and walks over to us, pulling Harry in for a hug and ignoring me. His hair is dark, almost black, and I can see some tattoos poking out of his grey tank top. 'Meet us in the office in a few minutes, Zayn,' Harry orders, turning his attention back to me.

I continue my examination of the room, scanning my eyes across the space. They land on the person inspecting the jewels. Another man, this one somewhat younger, with circular classes sat on the bridge of his nose as he squinted his eyes into the magnifying glass. He's holding it wrong, and definitely not in the right light to be examining a jewel like that. Instinctively, my legs drag me towards him, wanting to correct his technique. It's a snobbish thing, but I can't help myself.