Chapter 13

The following morning you were woken up by your mother who shook your shoulder.

"What the- it's the weekend, why can't I sleep in?" You asked, rubbing your eyes.

"It's almost past noon. We're waiting for you." She said.

"Freshen up and come down." She added and left the room.

You growled but eventually went down after doing what she said.

As you entered the kitchen you saw Oikawa sitting there already, so you awkwardly sat on the chair in front of him. After what happened yesterday you found yourself embarrassed around him, even though he didn't seem to realize what happened.

"Must have had a good dream, huh (Y/N)-chan?" He smiled at you, forcing you to half smile back.

"Uh, yeah." You said and scratched the back of your head.

When your mom finally sat down she told you that she and her fiancée wanted to go out for dinner today.

"I'm also out for dinner today." You said as you put your plate away.

"So you've found friends? That's good to hear honey." Your mother smiled at you.

"Who are you even going out with?" Oikawa asked, still sitting in the chair.

"Yeager-san." You replied and wanted to escape the situation, but Oikawa was faster.

"Again? You just met two days ago or something."

"Who is this Yeager?" Your mother asked.

"A friend of mine, but apparently he found interest in (Y/N)-chan." Oikawa crossed his arms.

"Huh? It's nothing like that at all! We just get along very good since we share the same interests. That's all." You sighed out loudly and went up to your room, ignoring your mother.

Abiko had sent you an e-mail, asking if you could send her the PowerPoint presentation that you prepared, so she could add her part.

Also, your highest priority today was to avoid Oikawa until you could look him in the eyes again.

________

The weekend went by pretty quick. Your dinner with Yeager was also entertaining, so you had nothing to complain about.

It was just after school when you were about to go to the children's practice when Oikawa started being weird.

"(Y/N)-chan, if you're feeling pressured because of school you don't have to come with me to practice on Mondays. You can use the time to study if you want to." He said as you were putting your shoes on.

"Uh, it's fine though. I like watching you all practice." You smiled.

"You like watching Yeager practice, admit it." He said.

"No! It's not like that." You took a step outside and waited for him to lock the door.

"You seem to meet a lot recently."

"We just met twice or three times." You looked at him with a confused look.

"Does it bother you?" You tilted your head.

"Why should it bother me? I'm just trying to protect you. You have to tell me whenever he tries to hit on you or makes a move on you, got it?"

"Oh damn, I didn't know that my love life was also your love life." You mumbled.

When you arrived at the gym you saw Yeager standing there already.

"Oh, how comes you arrive earlier than us?" Oikawa asked as he unlocked the gym.

"Just felt like it." Yeager smiled at you brightly what Oikawa immediately noticed.

The practice started half an hour later and went by as it always did. This time you didn't bet since you lost twice already.

You had a lot to laugh about when Yeager was around which seemed to annoy Oikawa for some reason.

"Could you two stop laughing already and start cleaning up?" Oikawa said as he said his goodbyes to the children.

"Oh, right! This is the last time I'm doing this." You said as you folded the net.

"Aren't you gonna go ahead, Oikawa?" Yeager asked.

"Nah, I'm gonna wait today." He crossed his arms and sat on a bench, watching you two.

"Oh, I see. You're trying to prevent me from taking your sister out again, huh?" Yeager giggled, obviously joking. But for some reason Oikawa didn't laugh at all. In fact, it wasn't even funny to him.

'Was be always this unfunny?' He thought.

"Just hurry up already." He rolled his eyes.

When you were finally done, you said your goodbye by hugging Yeager.

You were walking home, but Oikawa was awfully quiet.

"Are you okay? Being this quiet somehow doesn't suit you." You looked at him.

"Well, (Y/N)-chan, I'm not always that childish boy you might see in me." He snapped.

"I was just asking. No need to be like this." You said.

"Like what? You are the one behaving weird. Suddenly you're all giggly and smily whenever Yeager is around."

"So that's what it's all about? Because I'm getting along with him? Aww, are you perhaps jealous because I stole your friend, Babykawa?" You said in a mocking voice and laughed, pissing him off even more.

"You're annoying, shut up." He said and didn't speak for the rest of the walk.

Even when you arrived home he didn't talk to you.

Was it really that big of a deal?

Like c'mon, it was just a joke.

Why did he take everything so seriously?
__________