270

Wow.

I just sang while Simon played and it was powerful. The song he wrote for me was amazing and I did feel more confident from singing it. I actually sounded good. It was a song that started off slow but then it broke out and it was definitely a song that would test your potential.

I couldn't believe I just sang like that. I sung with Simon at Christmas but that was a calm and slow song. This was much bigger and I hadn't felt this happy for a very long time. When it was over, I just stood there for a moment, realising that I just did that. Something that Luke's Vivi wouldn't do. But I wasn't Luke's Vivi anymore. I was going to find my confidence again and I was going to wear it like a fucking princess. No... a queen.

When I looked at Simon, he was smiling proudly at me. A smile that said I-knew-you-could-do-it. He closed the lid over the keys and stood up. He looked really good. He looked like a business man without his jumper or his robes and his sleeves folded up to his elbows. Also, the belt.

"Permission to hug?" he asked with a playful grin as he opened his arms for me.

"Permission granted." I chuckled, wrapping my own arms around his torso as his closed around my shoulders. "Thank you, Moe."

"Thank you for what?"

"For believing in me." I whispered into his chest. "And helping me get back to music."

Someone cleared their throat, causing Simon and I to quickly break the hug and turn to where it came from. My dad was standing in the door to the music room with uncle Percy next to him.

"Dad." I breathed. "What are you doing here?"

I know what he's doing here.

"Well your brother broke his rib but if you mean this exact spot... Percy showed me where I could probably find you, seeing as your mother and I need all five of you in the hospital wing for a... talk. Weirdly enough, I have never been near this room."

I bit my lip as I looked at Simon, sending him an apologetic look that he just brushed up with a shrug and a soft smile.

"Simon." dad spoke when I made my way across the room. "I'm going to have a talk with your mother about getting cozy with my daughter."

"Oh my– dad!" I pulled him with me out of the room and uncle Percy said his goodbye before making his way down the stairs so he could get back to his office. "You're so embarrassing."

"Embarrassing?" dad scoffed. "I am simply looking out for you, Vivi."

"But that's Simon." I told him, gesturing towards the music room. "You were literally in the waiting room with mum when he was born and you both saw him grow up so you know he's a good guy."

"So you're admitting you like him?"

"No!" I exclaimed. "We were hugging! I just thanked him for believing in me and my music. It's no big deal."

Dad shook his head as he started moving his way down the stairs and I followed behind.

"After what happened with your former boyfriend, I don't feel safe letting you date until you're at least forty."

"Forty." I scoffed. "Even if something were to happen with Simon, we all know he would never hurt me."

"Maybe not... he's a lot older than you thought."

"Two years."

"Two and a half." dad argued. "There is a big difference on being fifteen and eighteen and I know how teenage boys think. They want sex."

"Please don't."

"What?"

"I really don't feel like having a conversation with my dad that involves sex." my face scrunched up just by the thought. Even sex repulsed me. I had never had a good experience with it so I didn't see myself ever having it again.

"How do you think you were made?" dad asked. "Your mum and I–"

I pressed my hands to my ears as I started humming a melody out loud. My dad gave me the stop-being-childish look but I ignore him. I had no interest in hearing about he and my mum's sex life. Hearing the bed frame bang against the wall last year was enough for me. I had to cover my ear with a pillow so I could get some sleep. I don't think they realised we could hear it.

When we got to the hospital wing, Sammy was still in the hospital bed, Roxi was still sitting in the chair but now Fred sat on the edge of the bed while Bryson was here, leaning against the all on the other side of the bed. Mum was standing near the end of the bed where Veronica sat on top of the duvet that covered Sammy.

"How did it go?" Sammy asked as I walked over to sit on the edge of the bed next to Fred.

"Great." I told him. "The song's great."