Ch. 34 | The Appointment

Summary: Reader and Spencer share the night together following her doctor's appointment.

Content Warning(s): Fingering, penetrative sex,degradation, daddy kink, Adults w/ Age Gap (10yr), spitting kink, unprotected sex, vague mention of sub-drop, aftercare included

——————————————————

There was something about the BAU bullpen that felt like another world. The open layout and the way it could shift from frantic rushing to bored silence in seconds sometimes made me feel like I was the most normal person contained within its walls. It was a rare sight, to see me there, and for good reason. I didn't like to be there, considering most of my time there had been spent being questioned about homicide.

But it wasn't like that, not that morning. I'd finished my doctor's appointment early enough that I could hopefully locate the elusive Dr. Reid before he took off for lunch. And sure enough, just as I excitedly bounced over to his desk, I heard the ever-excited, yet comforting squeak of my boyfriend as he returned with a freshly poured cup of coffee.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" he practically yelled through a smile, rushing over to drop the mug on his desk. He couldn't do it fast enough and barely made it. Once the mug was barely safe on the desk, his arms raced to wrap around me.

I giggled at the enthusiasm, considering it'd only been a couple hours since I saw him. But I was ecstatic to be with him and share the news I'd tucked away to keep safe on the way over. It was too much to bear by myself for long, and I knew he would be happy to help carry the load.

"I finished my appointment early and since I was in the neighborhood, I wanted to come see my boyfriend and give him the good news in person." I explained. Spencer eyed me cautiously, careful not to get too far ahead of himself. I looked back with what I'd hoped was a cheeky grin, but I had a feeling it just turned into a goofy, toothy grin. Just as Spencer figured it out and his eyebrows shot up, another voice joined us.

"Mia stellina!" Rossi boomed, the bass carrying through the room like it always seemed to. It was the kind of joyful exclamation that demanded your attention, no matter how dark the circumstances surrounding you were. I knew that from personal experience.

I laughed again as he enveloped both me and Spencer in a hug that the latter only kind-of-sort-of cringed away from.

"Reid didn't tell us that you were coming in today! I hope I'm not interrupting anything."

I snorted at the implication, stepping back to buy back my breathing space. "You're never a bother, Rossi." And I meant it, even if he had just interrupted mine and Spencer's very important conversation. I could table it for a moment, though. There hadn't been many chances for me to talk to Rossi since the hospital. Although he'd visited less frequently than Derek or Hotch, he'd still come by often enough for me to miss him. He was, by far, the most unique member of the team. People always assumed it would be Penelope, but I stuck with my contention that it's the quieter ones you have to keep an eye on. Not that Rossi didn't love to talk, and especially when it granted him the ability to name-drop.

"This is why I like you," he casually reminded, waving off a slightly offended Spencer on his side. "And I trust that Reid already told you about the plans for next weekend."

As soon as I turned to look at Spencer, he immediately looked away.

Luckily, Rossi wasn't obtuse and quickly recognized the display of guilt. "I stand corrected."

"What plans?" I butted in before either of them could speak. Spencer grimaced at the monotone, as he was fully aware of the level of annoyed it signaled.