31. IS THAT HOW YOU END ARGUMENTS?

Alex's POV:

*******************************

I woke up really early the next morning and couldn't fall back asleep, I knew I'd be tired later but I could blame it on the jet lag.

Or that earth shattering kiss from last night.

Of course I couldn't fall asleep, how could I when that moment kept flashing in my mind endlessly. I think my cheeks were tired of blushing and now they had taken up a perpetual candy apple tinge, and I probably resembled one.

The investors meeting was at ten in the morning and since I didn't want to be late I was early.

Yes. I guess it's the only way.

My outfit was a pair of formal grey pants put together with a white top and I held the file that had all the important documents inside with a firm grip in my hands.

Jensen looked really surprised to see that I was present in the lobby before him.

"It's not that I'm always late." I did not appreciate his honest reaction.

"I guess I'll have to agree now..." He nodded at me, before I could get mad he added. "Let's go..." as our car pulled up out front.

After a short ten minute drive we were entering a building that had an airplane logo with some words that had no meaning in the english language.

"Is everyone gonna be speaking French and eating croissants and calling them Krwa-san?" I asked, already dreading the answer.

"I don't think so." Jensen said, as amusement sparked in his grey eyes, "there are other foreign investors from Russia and Japan so... "

"Wow, more languages I know nothing about… how marvelous!" I said sarcastically.

Jensen chuckled. "They'll probably just stick to english Alex, relax won't you..."

"Easy for you to say, you'll know if they insult you, but I can't even call them a smelly dinosaur if they insult me." I told him.

He smiled at that, "I'll tell you if that happens, I'd very much like to witness, you calling someone a smelly dinosaur."

I refrained from a smart ass reply since we just entered a room full of people. Most of them looked like they were middle aged, they probably looked older than they actually were because of the stress that comes with managing a business.

The younger men and women were scattered throughout the conference table and the person in charge was a man in his thirties who was talking with someone joyously.

Jensen walked straight to him and I kept up, next thing I know they were having a conversation in French and I was not amused.

When Jensen caught my eye in the middle of their talk he stopped short and said, "Mr. Dufort this is my business associate Alexandra Brook, You might wanna switch to English, her French is not very fluent."

'Not fluent' was an overstatement.

"Bonjour, it's very nice to meet you..." Mr Dufort said in a very thick French accent.

"It's nice to meet you too Mr. Dufort." I smiled as I shook his hand.

"It's good to see someone with Jensen, ee's usually alone in these investors meeting." He said.

"I guess he has finally realised it's good to share his workload..." I smirked at Jensen and Mr. Dufort chuckled.

After a bit more French/English conversation we took our seats and endured a fifty minutes long meeting with other equally baffled businessmen who were all trying to understand Mr. Dufort's thick accent.