Chapter 3

This is the potential break-up song
Please, just admit you're wrong

"Good morning, Janet!" I smile to my assistant as I make my way towards my office

"Morning, Grayson! Happy Monday!" She smiles.

I'm so thankful I found an assistant like Janet.

I always felt weird about the idea of having an assistant. It just seemed like such an unnatural thing for me. But after my first week of being CEO, I caved and got myself an assistant.

And God bless Janet for really making my job less stressful.

Also, she has proven to be a great friend. So it's nice that she doesn't just feel like someone working for me. Her and I actually have casual conversations like friends would.

I soon pass Janet's desk and walk into my office. I set my bag and coffee cup on my desk before making my way around my desk to slump into my chair. I let out a deep breath and run my fingers through my hair as I turn to log onto my computer.

I hate Monday's.

"Grayson," I hear Janet say. I look up from my desk to see her walking into my office. "Eddie just called,"

"Oh shit." I curse to myself when I instantly remember that I had breakfast plans with Eddie this morning. I didn't even think about it. I got a call this morning about a meeting I have this afternoon, asking me to come in to review some last minuet things before it. "Is he upset?" I ask nervously.

Janet opens her mouth to answer, but is cut off by a familiar voice entering my office from behind her. "Yes, he is upset." Eddie retorts, crossing his arms in front of his chest and making his way to stand in front of my desk.

"I'm just gonna go," Janet trails off before practically tripping over her feet from how fast she tries to get out of my office. Thankfully she remembers to close the door behind her as she walks out. I don't need anyone here overhearing my boyfriend and I fighting.

Eddie and I have already been having troubles because he thinks I work too much.

We see that differently. He just doesn't understand the responsibilities that come with being the CEO of a company. But, also, I made it clear to him that I work a lot when we started seeing each other. It's not like any of this is a surprise for him.

"Eddie-" I start to try and fumble around an explanation for missing our date before he cuts me off.

"I think we need to take a break." He deadpans.

I shake my head and blink a few times, taken aback by his statement. "What?"

"A break." Eddie retorts simply.

I understand that he is upset that I forgot about our date. But I didn't expect him to be this upset. "This sounds a lot like you breaking up with me." I say softly, turning my head to avoid his gaze. I don't know why this hurts so much. We haven't been dating for too long. But rejection or breaking up with someone never tends to be the best feeling.