chapter three

before he ran out of sight, he turned around and smiled brighter, "if you need anything, you know what to do!"

hana nodded and smiled back in response before jay disappeared in the distance. she continued to smile as she entered the café.

"good morning hana!" eunbi, one of hana's friends, greeted, "is there a reason you're smiling that brightly?"

"what? smiling? me? reason?" hana questioned, realizing she was still smiling.

hana smacked both her cheeks and mumbled, "stop it. what are you doing?"

"uh hana, are you okay?" andrew, another friend, asked.

"what? yeah, i'm fine," hana smiled before going being the counter and putting on her apron and cap.

"who was that boy you were talking to earlier?" andrew asked.

"boy? ouu i'm interested," eunbi exclaimed.

"there's no boy," hana chuckled, "he's just .. uh a life savior?"

"you said there's no boy, but went on to talk about a boy? you good?" andrew questioned, receiving a slap on the chest from eunbi.

"shut up fool."

"soo a life savior huh?" eunbi teased.

"i'm telling you it's nothing," hana chuckled, "now cmon. we have our first customer."

"hi welcome to passio—" hana paused.

"well gee. what a nice way to greet me," the male chuckled, a bit offended by the silence.

"sorry," hana chuckled, "what can i get for you jay?"

"nothing," jay smiled, "i just forgot to tell you to have a good day."

"so you came all the way back just for that?" hana questioned with a laugh.

jay nodded, "well i'll leave now. bye."

"wait," hana called out, "since you're here, order something. my treat."

"your treat? well in that case, can i get number *** ****?" jay questioned.

"we don't have .. uh what?" hana asked, "that's not an order number .."

"i know. it's my number. call me later," jay winked, "let's talk about how you can repay me."

hana's lips parted, "oh my."

"aye that was smooth brother," andrew exclaimed, giving him a nod of approval.

jay chuckled and smiled at hana once more, "well i'm going to actually go this time. bye."

"bye," hana waved.

once the door shut, eunbi came out from the back, "well he seems nice."

andrew shook his head, "right?! i approve of your boy."

"he's not my boy," hana chuckled.

"his words flowed into one another and it was smooth like honey," andrew exclaimed.

"and he's good looking!" andrew added, clapping his hands, "i better be the first one invited to the wedding."

"andrew!" hana exclaimed with a chuckle.

"okay you two," eunbi smiled, "let's get to work now."

"yes mom," the two replied in unison.

before a real customer could come in, hana took her phone out and texted her older brother.

hana
jae
i'm at work

jaemin
you made it safely
right? that crazy
boy didn't bug you
right?

hana
big bro i'm fine

jaemin
yah
i didn't ask if you're
fine or not. he
bothered you didn't
he? that little ..

hana
seo jaemin. watch
your mouth

jaemin
i didn't even say it

hana
but you thought it

jaemin
whatever. shouldn't
you be making coffees
or whatnot

hana
we haven't gotten a
customer yet

jaemin
well i'm quite busy at
work so i've got to go.
see you at home. love u

hana
love you too

"how cute," andrew cooed over hana's shoulder, "i wish my siblings and i were like that. i don't think i've ever told them those eight letters. i-love-you. ew."

"there's nothing ew about that," hana chuckled.

"oh guys, i forgot to tell you. manager lee called earlier and said that there's going to be a filming crew in here later on, so expect some famous person or something and he's coming later on as well," eunbi stated, "but like he always says .."

"don't make a fool of yourselves and most importantly, don't embarrass me," the three said in unison before laughing.