FIVE

a/n: keep your eye on the episode number, as some will be skipped every now and again if violet doesn't fit without it being boring :)

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ .·:·.*═══╗

FIVE
wasted summers
i wasted like half of my summer
trynna hold on your hand
you're the leechi'm the man
i guess you don't understand

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ .·:·.*═══╝

s2e7

VIOLET ENTERS THE LOCKWOOD MANSION, MASQUERADE MASK IN HAND. She's trying to ignore  her sweaty palms and the way her heart races rapidly. Katherine is here tonight- with a target on her back. The Salvatore brothers have taken it upon themselves to kill her, and although she knows Katherine is too smart to die by them, she worries all the same.

As she makes her way through, she trips over a chair, sending the items of her small handbag flying all over the floor. She hurriedly rushes to pick them up, before running into the bathroom to fix her hair.

She bends down in front of the sink to add a small amount of water to her hair in an attempt to fix it, and when she straightens back up again a familiar figure stands behind her in the mirror. She turns around, smiling softly. "Katerina." She greets. "I was wondering when I'd see you again."

"Violetta." She replies with a small smile. "Violet." She corrects herself. "What are Stefan and Damon up to?" She questions.

"Straight to the point as ever." She muses. "They want to kill you. I don't know how. They know I have a loyalty to you, and although they are unaware of the true extent, they still didn't trust me enough to tell me what their plan was." Violet says. "They have a witch at their disposal."

"Yes, little Bonnie Bennett." Katherine nods. "Luckily for me, I've got my own Bennett witch."

"I figured you'd have something." Violet replies. Her tone softens. "Just, please... don't do anything to get yourself hurt."

"I know what I'm doing. I'm not going to be brought down by the Salvatore brothers of all people." Katherine nods her head. They watch each other in silence for a moment before Katherine vamp-speeds out of the bathroom, leaving Violet alone in her silence.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ .·:·.*═══

Violet loses track of the Salvatore brothers soon after that. Bonnie, Jeremy and, Elena are talking in one corner of the mansion, but everyone else she knows is out of sight. She spots a waiter holding a champagne glass and tries to head closer to them, but as she does, what sounds like Katherine crying out in pain alerts her.

She vamp-speeds to the source, instead finding Elena, hunched over and clutching her arm. Jeremy and Bonnie are with her.

"There's another witch here, I'm gonna find her!" Bonnie calls out as Violet arrives, running off in the other direction.

"Hey, Elena. Elena are you okay?" Violet asks softly, placing a hand over her shoulder. Elena doesn't verbally respond, instead shaking her head and collapsing onto Violet, tears pouring from her eyes. "It's okay." She says, holding the human girl. "I got you."

"Katherine had a witch who linked Elena to her." Jeremy explains. "Bonnie's gone to find the witch, get her to undo the spell."

Violet nods, looking down at Elena. She can't deny the guilt that settles in her stomach as she watches Elena whimper in pain, knowing that she could've done more to help and she didn't. A sickening sense of deja vu washes over her as she recalls the last time she held Katherine like this many, many years ago.

After what seems like an age, Elena stops withering in pain as Bonnie returns and the spell is broken. She takes that as her chance to speed away and outside.

She takes a seat on the soft grass in the front yard, tilting her head up to the stars. They'd always been something that would calm her down. When she was a young child, she'd watch them for hours on end, often sneaking out just to see them. As a vampire, especially one of her age, very little has stayed constant in her life, except for the stars. No matter what happens, they'd still be out there, maybe hidden behind a cloud.

She's entirely thankful to whoever is up there, looking down on her, that Katherine survived the night. She only hates that Elena got hurt in the process.

A few minutes later, Elena joins her. "Hey." She takes a seat beside her on the grass. "I didn't get the chance to thank you for helping me tonight. You kind of just zoomed away as soon as the spell was broken."

"I'm sorry, Elena." She shakes her head. "I only wish I could've done more. Are you alright now? Do you feel better?"

"Much, yeah." She nods in return. "Are you, though? I know you and Katherine have some weird couple-y thing going on. I can't imagine you really wanted to see her die."

"Ew." Violet scrunches up her nose. "We most definitely have not got any weird couple-y thing going on." She shakes her head. "Do you need a ride home?" She says suddenly, avoiding Elena's question.

"Yeah, that would be great thanks. I don't know that I want to drive right now." Elena smiles gratefully. "But are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm perfectly fine." Violet stands up, holding her hand out to Elena who takes it. "Come, my car is just over here." They reach her car, but just before she gets the chance to unlock the door, someone comes up to her from behind and snaps her neck before she even gets the chance to process.