- 𝟐𝟖

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     ROSALINE HAD been asked to help prepare in the kitchen while carl practiced the game they had taught him out in the front yard. she'd been tasked with cutting the vegetables, occasionally exchanging chatter between maggie and lori.

     maggie was concerned about what happened with glenn when he returned from town with her father and rick. it was apparent to her that something caused the boy to go into a sour mood.

     "he's not the same." maggie concluded, wiping her knife, "says he froze. blames me. said i got inside his head."

     "he came back. that's what matters," lori said to her, in a reassuring tone.

     rosa joined them on the table where they were cutting, "same with daryl. ever since... sophia... he told me that i know nothing and i should leave him alone."

     "what you and daryl? you two were like best friends? i've noticed that you weren't spending as much time together." maggie stated as a matter of fact, "you and him?" she suggested.

     lori shook her head with a smirk, "apparently just friends. it is strange though. when i asked him to go look for rick, he was the same - shouting and just being off."

     "man period?" maggie joked.

     the three started to laugh. rosaline sighed, "it's just strange."

     "he'll come around honey, i'm sure of it. he's just confused, it's daryl after all." lori stopped cutting to rub the girl's back. nobody in the camp was blind - the two cared for each other, whether as friends or not. their separation was clearly taking a toll on them.

     rosaline was quieter, angrier, and impatient. whilst maggie was watching her shoot before, she'd noticed that the girl's aim wasn't as good as she tried to make it be, as her eyes would flick to daryl ever so often.

     maggie wasn't sure whether it was a reflex for the girl or it was because she was simply worried. in her opinion, daryl seemed quiet too. he was always quiet, but not that much. lori knew this as well.

     the women didn't know what to say - it wasn't like daryl was one to apologize after arguing. rosaline was being stubborn too, confessing to lori earlier in the day that she wouldn't say sorry for him being a sour badger. just like she had to carol.

     "anyway, less about me and him. we're not romantic like you and glenn." rosaline interrupted before any of them could suggest anything.